What are some use cases for the "forum style" feature?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Re: What are some use cases for the "forum style" feature?

Post by Scanialady »

david63 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:55 pm There are several "what ifs" here but does anyone have a definitive forum where multiple styles are being used?
Yes. I do. And some people I know do it, too. Depending on the kind of the forum.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Brf wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:49 pm
GTI wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:35 am The only 2 reasons I have ever seen people using it on a live forum were...
How about a play-by-forum game board, where each side forum and the common forum have different styles or colors.
That's a good use case, The Coalman makes a good point about it being under used
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

david63 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:55 pm There are several "what ifs" here but does anyone have a definitive forum where multiple styles are being used?
I do: different styles for 2 continents (categories) and somewhat different colour variations of the style for the forums dedicated to a country I (and ex-colleagues) worked in.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
halil16
Name: Halil

Post by halil16 »

I think it is very necessary when appropriate. What's more, it's nice that this gives an extra level of customization and freedom.

In my forum I was using custom colored styles for Middle Earth and Cinema Club. Then I removed it because I did big customizations, but I'm thinking of redoing it. It has a different taste.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

I have often suggested uses for it in the Support forums.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”