Who was the Millionth poster ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
mrix2000

Who was the Millionth poster ?

Post by mrix2000 »

Hello all, today my forum reached a milestone of 1 Million posts and I was wondering if it is possible to find out who the member was who made the Millionth post ?
Is there a way ?
Thank for any feedback 8-)
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: Who was the Millionth poster ?

Post by battye »

You can key in the post ID 1000000 into your URL like this:

viewtopic.php?p=1000000#p1000000

Or do you mean the millionth post excluding ones that have been deleted over the years? (which is also possible, you'll probably need access to run an SQL query though)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

• subtracting the posts that were cloned when copying topics
  • adding the posts that were deleted when deleting topics
  • adding the posts that were deleted when deleting users, including those thru pruning
  • adding the posts that were deleted when deleting forums
Having a 1'000'000th post does not automatically mean you have 1'000'000th posts in sum, and it does not automatically mean the post #1'000'000 exists.

Also poster is not the post. Do you have 1'000'000 poster=user or posts?
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

A link to your board woud be helpful. I do not believe that deleting posts will change the post_ids of other posts. If you have posts 1, 2 & 3 and delete any those, the next post will still be 4. So, even though you deleted a post, you will still have had 4 incremented post_ids. Same with deleting posters and their posts. IOW, due to auto-incrementing, the largest post_id will still show the number of posts made, although some may no longer be present.

So this SQL should wrk. ( Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin ):

Code: Select all

SELECT username FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id IN(SELECT poster_id FROM phpbb_posts WHERE post_id = 1000000)
If your table prefix is not phpbb_ change accordingly.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

Hello and thanks for all the replies, I have run Steves script and come up with a regular poster who did post a fair bit on the day we know the Millionth post was made :x 8-)
Thanks again

Return to “phpBB Discussion”