First Impressions

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
Lastof

First Impressions

Post by Lastof » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:45 pm

Please remember that bugs should be reported to the bug tracker, otherwise they will possibly be overlooked. Thanks.

added by primedomain

--

I, like many people, have spent the last couple of years hanging round area51, and messing about with the cvs versions of phpBB 3.0. Hence, I've seen it grow, and haven't really had a chance to react to the full version, since it's come gradually.

I'm curious as to what those who are seeing it for the first time upon installing the beta think. What is your first impession. What do you think of the new admin panel. I though it'd be nice to collect some opinions here, for both the users, and hopefully the dev team.

[EDIT]I removed the bit checking it was ok to post this here, since it obviously is now it's been stickied. Oh, and I'm quite proud to have been the second poster, first non-dev team poster, and first stickied poster here[/EDIT]
Last edited by primedomain on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2011, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Phpbb 3.0 is so much better I hate even looking at my 2.0.21 board I cannot wait to scrap it. 3.0 is not only functionally and much more aesthetically looking the ergonomics of it are wonderful.

My only regret is that I cannot play around with my present database in 3.0 at this time.

After seeing 3.0 and working with it I find it hard to even visit a 2.xx.xx board. :lol:

Kudo's to the 3.0 team, the beast of the forums will be here soon and demanding to be fed. :P

EcKo^uK

Post by EcKo^uK » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:59 pm

From what I've seen, there is a huge improvement. The phpBB team should be proud.

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:04 pm

I bet they are...

*snif... it even make's ME feel proud :)
It is a hughe improvement, profile, posts behaviour, ACP ...

good job there Phpbb- team !!
*claps hands*
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

antifa

Post by antifa » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:30 pm

I love PHPBB3 so far.I was getting so tired of phpbb2 that i was looking into other board options like smf etc.But now im sold, i love phpbb3 and im going to stick with phpbb! Love the admin and mod panels, love the options available, ease of use, its not confusing like vBullitens admin area.Love the new look of it aswell, post icons and more. Way to go guys, amazing job! :D . Just wondering though, any posibility on phpbb3 coming with a calendar option built into the board?

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:42 pm

antifa wrote: Just wondering though, any posibility on phpbb3 coming with a calendar option built into the board?

Some things are best as a MOD... though I'd have thought everyone uses Google Calendar now anyways? :P & ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

SGD

Post by SGD » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:22 pm

Wow.. Installed without a hitch..very smooth....I can't wait until final release. Nice work folks. :D
Last edited by SGD on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Make It Happen!

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:32 pm

To be a part of the phpBB community is a great privilege, and watching this grow over the months and years in CVS its a great feeling to finally see phpBB3 BETA1 out!

Great work to the Developers, the Documentation guys, and everyone who has contributed to phpBB! :D

Fantastic work guys, and long may phpBB reign!

Mark

camm15h
Former Team Member
Name: Paul Cammish

Post by camm15h » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:49 pm

First impressions... very very good, alot better looking and more manageable, with (what seems) hundreds of new configurable options.

One point - is it wise sending the admin password out in email? (board installation confirmation).

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:51 pm

camm15h wrote: One point - is it wise sending the admin password out in email? (board installation confirmation).

Personally i think its a good idea. That way you've always got a backup of the username and password should you forget it. However if you are really worried i guess that you could change the password once you had got into the board.

Mark

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:14 am

The only bad thing...

We can't keep wildy claiming "the beta will be out soon!" ;)
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23460

:lol:

Awsome work guys, I will install it quite soon. 8)

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:55 am

I am very impressed and do like it alot! :D

Gonna take some getting use to figuring everything out but thats the fun part for me anyways. :D

nervana

Post by nervana » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:00 am

for a long time stopping my VB forum and waiting for this moment to see the first beta... wow... i will try to help as much i could to make it final soon insha'allh.
Re: Bush is a liar

jwxie

Post by jwxie » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:30 am

well, the beta is out already..

haha, enjoy, folks...

I've just installed it....
[I'm sorry, but counts as SPAM]

welcome all of you to come for testing

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:01 am

nervana wrote: i will try to help as much i could to make it final soon insha'allh.

You can do so by going on a bug-hunting tour - the more bugs you can find (and report), the more bugs will be fixed during the beta phase, and the faster phpBB will go gold. And that's what we all want :D

Vic
midd.ag • DTP, web development & printing
http://www.midd.ag

Return to “phpBB Discussion”