First Impressions

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
tantley

Post by tantley »

I'm still not using it live. Have asked a few people to look at it (in a separate part of my website) and haven't heard anything.

Still playing with the admin functions... very much impressed with the logging and other new features.
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

andrei1015 wrote: i made a ftp server and tried to make a phpbb3 "test drive"
but it didn't work :((((

It's beta software, you could run into trouble. You're welcome to open up a thread right here to get some help to get it running (but do a search first and see if there was anyone else who had simmilar problems).
maggan

Post by maggan »

Just great!

Keep up the good work team!
schultzruediger

why I will stick to RC2 or later

Post by schultzruediger »

Eelke wrote: Why RC2? I think you'll be pleased to learn that RC1 will probably already be what you're waiting for; if RC1 passes the test of a lot more live boards, the team would go for Gold right away and there wouldn't be any RC2.

Well, I think with RC1 there will be a huge community (probably including me) to retest the whole thing. So I expect quite a few more bugs to uncover. And personally I prefer a release process where STABLE is an (except for Version ID) unchanged version of the last RC.
So for this, I would expect to see (at least) two RC Versions.
(i'd rather wait a little longer and get a perfect result :D ).

Rüdiger
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

OK, fair enough. Just FYI, I do think that's exactly the way in which the phpBB group plans to handle things; if an RC proves to be good to go, the first gold release will be an unaltered version of that RC (except for the branding, of course). I do admit that given the fact that RC1 will be the first version to see some serious live action, chances are we will see at least one more RC.
Matt93

Post by Matt93 »

I just installed Beta2 as a seperate forum on my site and told my users to poke around. Once RC1 is released and the ability to upgrade from phpBB2, I will upgrade my live forum so people can use it. So far, I really like it!
Millar
Name: Sam Millar

Like it

Post by Millar »

I really like what i've seen so far, I didn't like previous versions of phpBB but this version is very slick and it has impressed me to be honest.
jlhaslip

Post by jlhaslip »

There was only one problem with the unzip and install, and as soon as I changed the DB_user password on my account to match the one I tried using on the first install attempt, everything went great.
There is definately a WoW! factor on the changes to the ACP and the features for the Admins and Mods. I love the Report, Warning and Note features.
Can't wait for RC1 and getting this thing running live.
Awesome job, team. You did yourselves proud.
kamesh

Its great but the interface.

Post by kamesh »

I loved it. But I have one small gripe :wink: though. Previously the whole board used to stay comfortably in a nice rectangle. But now it has been changed. why ?

The following snapshot explains it.

http://www.aisl.cyd.liu.se/temp/snap.jpg

Regards,
Kamesh.
Truth lies every where and partially even with error.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: Its great but the interface.

Post by EXreaction »

kamesh wrote: I loved it. But I have one small gripe :wink: though. Previously the whole board used to stay comfortably in a nice rectangle. But now it has been changed. why ?

The following snapshot explains it.

http://www.aisl.cyd.liu.se/temp/snap.jpg

Regards,
Kamesh.

It looks better? :P

subSilver 2 is not the official style for phpBB3 anyways, the other one will be hidden until the final phpBB3 release. :)
lXciD

Post by lXciD »

Work like a charm! :D LOOKS GOOD!
now we doesn't have to pay 160 usd for a good forum. Wicked man.
fresose

Post by fresose »

Hello,

I'm french and I would like to congratulate the phpBB team for this work which is great and which give us a very good forum !

Bravo again !

Sorry if my english is not very good.
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

fresose wrote: Hello,

I'm french and I would like to congratulate the phpBB team for this work which is great and which give us a very good forum !

Bravo again !

Sorry if my english is not very good.

Your English is 100% better than my French :)

And yes this is going to be great - the programmers have excelled themselves.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
frizzy

Post by frizzy »

Good work team!
I like this....
Beta 2 is just awesum
Wizio

Post by Wizio »

Any screenshots available please?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”