Some Questions on PHPBB 3

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
crazydc

Some Questions on PHPBB 3

Post by crazydc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Hello there i know we are not ment to us the new phpbb 3 but its really good i find it so much easy then the old one. could you make the CS template for phpbb 2 to work on the phpbb 3 so i could us it and i have found no bug as off yet.

the only think that is a pain u should be able to have a tick box were u want to pick on the section of the forums to change the pro missions. so say i make a group and want to make it in 4 out of 7 category its a pain were u got to get tho each one and make them promitted. just a little idea wih this one

Zero Override

Re: Some Questions on PHPBB 3

Post by Zero Override » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:16 pm

It is possible to convert a phpBB2 template to phpBB3, but it will be a lot of work.

Perhaps it is faster to build a new one, based on the phpBB2 template, using the same images etc...

crazydc

Post by crazydc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:18 pm

yea i know i was thinking about doing it by i cant be assed to do each little picture and that so i was hoping that the phpbb guys have a quicker and easy way of doing it all for us lol. i am lasy u see. i don't mind testing all there thing and giving my ideas and that.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:18 pm

There are no templates for phpBB3 yet as it has not yet been released, when it is released it will be up to the template authors to make their templates for phpBB3.

Zero Override wrote: It is possible to convert a phpBB2 template to phpBB3, but it will be a lot of work.

Perhaps it is faster to build a new one, based on the phpBB2 template, using the same images etc..

no the template engine is completely different :)

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:19 pm

crazydc wrote: could you make the CS template for phpbb 2 to work on the phpbb 3

You would need to ask the maker of the style if he's going to do it.
i know we are not ment to us the new phpbb 3 but its really good i find it so much easy then the old one.

You do know there's no support for using it live and no support for people who update it from beta to RC1 either.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

crazydc

Post by crazydc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:27 pm

yea i know i am using it because it better if i have to reinstall i will do. i will save a restore point of the forums and upload it when its RS.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:28 pm

No support for phpBB being used live!!!!!!

Return to “phpBB Discussion”