phpbb3 + Zencart's bridge?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
ValEff

phpbb3 + Zencart's bridge?

Post by ValEff » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:39 am

Yesterday I installed a sparkly fresh Zen, and poked my head in over here to grab the latest phpbb and WOWZA!! Wasn't expecting this! /*round of applause*/

So yes ... I would *love* to install v3 ... but only if it'll play nice with Zen. Has anyone tried Zencart's built in phpbb bridge with v3 yet?

Philderbeast

Re: phpbb3 + Zencart's bridge?

Post by Philderbeast » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 am

Since phpbb3 is still in beta it shouldn't be on a live site anyway.

but I doubt it will work as many things are now stored differently.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:00 am

Unless there is a specific phpbb3 version then any phpbb2 version will not work.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

austin881
Name: Austin Maddox

Post by austin881 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:04 pm

phpbb3 does not play nice with zencart. I found this out and was extremely discouraged. You must use phpbb2 for the zencarts linkage to phpbb to work.

I'm patiently waiting for someone to develop a fantastic mod that would bridge phpbb3 with zencart. It only makes sense. phpbb3 and zencart 1.3.8 are the best opensource software available right now. I wished they could be integrated.
Available for paid phpBB help! PM me.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3
phpBB portfolio: chevy truck forum, chevy astro van forum

subzonline

Post by subzonline » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 pm

is zen cart o commerce?
http://ukurbanmag.com - Urban music discussions, Downloads, News, Interviews and lots more

subzonline

Post by subzonline » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:40 pm

BUMP
http://ukurbanmag.com - Urban music discussions, Downloads, News, Interviews and lots more

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:52 pm

I would guess no one answered because you can easily determine just what it is by using Google. But yes, Zen Cart is an e-commerce package. You may discuss bridging here, but what it is or more about it should be sought at their site. :)
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 pm

It would seem impractical for there be bridges made for phpBB2/3 for all the 100's of applications that it could be married to by the phpBB fraternity.
It would seem more practical that the authors of these applications themselves produce bridges for their software to the more popular BB software such as phpBB2/3 , VBulletin, etc etc

I would have thought that you would have more success seeking the bridge at the Zencart site.
If all else fails you could ask in the Mod Requests forum but the Zencart site should be the first port of call.

Good luck

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

puggie

Post by puggie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Jim_UK wrote:It would seem impractical for there be bridges made for phpBB2/3 for all the 100's of applications that it could be married to by the phpBB fraternity.
It would seem more practical that the authors of these applications themselves produce bridges for their software to the more popular BB software such as phpBB2/3 , VBulletin, etc etc

I would have thought that you would have more success seeking the bridge at the Zencart site.
If all else fails you could ask in the Mod Requests forum but the Zencart site should be the first port of call.

Good luck

Jim
Even if that was the case Zen says pop over here to see about a bridge.

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:56 pm

They have a couple of ways to bridge phpBB-3 with ZenCart 1.3.8 now, although you lose the ability to register thru phpBB. New members register thru Zen, which subsequently creates their phpBB-3 account.

I would like to do this, but am stuck on the last piece (would be a snap if I could read php), where you replace one piece of code with another - I found the piece of code, I just don't know where the code ends, (i.e., if it's the > or ; or } what part! :lol:

At any rate, here is what I found (and btw, Zen does refer everyone back here - I agree w/Jim)....

http://www.ferolen.com/blog/

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpost. ... stcount=37

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthrea ... 565&page=5

Return to “phpBB Discussion”