Sourcecode Documentation Download.

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
sor

Sourcecode Documentation Download.

Post by sor » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:58 am

Hi, I was wondering if there was a possibility to download the Sourcecode Documentation, because I don"t have Internet where I live. Trying to just download the whole thing by recursively going through all those subdirs throws some access errors. Downloading everything by hand is just too hard ^^
This does not just apply to the Source Doc but every doc on this page.

Thanks in advance for a solution.

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Sourcecode Documentation Download.

Post by david63 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:00 am

This has been discussed before and, unfortunately, the answer to your question is, at the moment, no - it is only available as the online version.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

arod-1

Sourcecode Documentation: don't download, create!

Post by arod-1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:27 pm

this is not exactly trivial, and i did not try it myself, so you have to take it as a "bet guess", but here goes:
there is no independent documentation for phpbb. the documentation you get here http://area51.phpbb.com/docs/code is directly extracted from the source code itself, by analyzing it and the comments embedded in it.
this is done by a tool called phpDocumentor.
lucky for you, both the tool and the raw material it operates on are open-source and are available.
phpbb source code is available in several formats (as a tarball, and through cvs), and so is the documentor.
you should install the documentor, get the source code on your local machine, and use the documentor to create a copy of the documentation you'll be able to browse locally.

hope it helps,
good luck!
standard disclaimer:
backup your db and files before you do anything.
absolutely no guarantee.
if you do what i advise and it blows in your face, all you'll hear from me is: "ah... sorry, i guess"

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:58 am

I have found a way to easily download the documentation.

First install Firefox then install the "DownThemAll" addon. This will download ALL the links on a page. Yoy will need to create folders for each chapter (ie. quickstart) then download all those pages into that folder. Doing it this way you can get the whole documentation in six downloads.

The only problem is that you will not have updates.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

sor

Post by sor » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:35 pm

thanks for your replies and sorry for posting something discussed before.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”