Moving Members from phpbb2 to phpbb 3 help please

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
sdteam

Moving Members from phpbb2 to phpbb 3 help please

Post by sdteam » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:49 am

hello well ive searched everywhere and cant seem to find
how to i switch ma users from my old forumer phpbb2 to the new one phpbb3 and ideas
cause i cannot email everyone telling them there has to be a easy way
if you cant do it why not somebody make a mod that can do it
and i know its for testing i just want to know how i do it so when they phpbb3 is full and not a test i will know how to do it and dont ask me to go to that coverter thing because it dont work and there aint even a forum in there
thanks
Last edited by sdteam on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Moving Members from old board to new help please

Post by david63 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:56 am

I do not think that you have searched very well because this has been asked, and answered, many times.

Once you have installed phpbb3 there will be a tab on the install page called "Convert" click on that and follow the instructions. You cannot be selective as to what you convert - it converts everything.

Also be aware that phpbb3 beta is not meant to be used in a live environment (it is only for testing with) and if you do use it live then there is no support.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

sdteam

Post by sdteam » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:36 am

well if phpbb3 aint ment for that basicly why is every well basicly every forums i click into on the net use it and have over 100's of member if its ment for test why dont phpbb make it where they can only use it for testing and stop the member sign up
o and thanks for the help

Rotsblok
Name: Rikkert Westa

Post by Rotsblok » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:46 am

they don't say you cannot use it but they say if you use it the consequences are on your own account. There will be no support given on live boards running B5 at the moment. So its using on your own risk.
Nederlandse Support site
Several dutch translations for 3.1 extensions if you need one or there is an update of an extension feel free to notify me.

thebluebus

Post by thebluebus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:14 pm

sdteam wrote: well if phpbb3 aint ment for that basicly why is every well basicly every forums i click into on the net use it and have over 100's of member if its ment for test why dont phpbb make it where they can only use it for testing and stop the member sign up

its your fault for letting people sign up and using it in a live environment....not phpbb's. Its in beta stage, which means its out there to be used and TESTED. Once it goes RC you will be able to convert and get support from the guys

Rotsblok
Name: Rikkert Westa

Post by Rotsblok » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:36 pm

thebluebus wrote:
sdteam wrote: well if phpbb3 aint ment for that basicly why is every well basicly every forums i click into on the net use it and have over 100's of member if its ment for test why dont phpbb make it where they can only use it for testing and stop the member sign up

its your fault for letting people sign up and using it in a live environment....not phpbb's. Its in beta stage, which means its out there to be used and TESTED. Once it goes RC you will be able to convert and get support from the guys

Nope conversions from betax to RC will not be supported nor will there be a conversion tool for it props (dont know last one for sure)
Nederlandse Support site
Several dutch translations for 3.1 extensions if you need one or there is an update of an extension feel free to notify me.

sdteam

Re: Moving Members from phpbb2 to phpbb 3 help please(Solved)

Post by sdteam » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:38 pm

O well my forum my thing

Grinch

Re: Moving Members from phpbb2 to phpbb 3 help please

Post by Grinch » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:33 pm

The upgrade concerns are answered in this sticky post: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=517948

In a nutshell, you can upgrade now if you wish, and there will be a Beta5 to RC1 converter. Any bugs that pop up as a result of the Beta5 converter, even once you have upgraded to RC1, is your problem. If you absolutely can't wait, go for it. Don't say that no one warned you when it crashes and burns and you can't get any support. ;)

Good Luck!

Eelke
QA Team
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:18 am

thebluebus wrote: its your fault for letting people sign up and using it in a live environment....not phpbb's.

Besides, member sign-up is just as much part of the software as the next part, so it has to be tested too. It doesn't make sense to cripple the software in such a way that parts of it become unusable just because people do not read the instructions.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”