Topic Sort Order

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
oddfish

Topic Sort Order

Post by oddfish » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 am

Noticed when a topic is replied to, that topic is then on top of the forum topic list.

I would appreciate any ideas to have that so the topics posted stay as per post time and not the replies ordering the topics.

...and to have this option set for individual forums.

thanks in advance.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Re: Topic Sort Order

Post by Thatbitextra » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:05 am

User Control Panel -> Forum preferences -> Edit display options -> Edit as desired.
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:42 am

Thanks Thatbitextra.

We have a problem then (perhaps). :?

Topics :
Post Time
Descending

Ascending

When a user posts a reply to a topic, the topic replied to then goes to the top of the list.

Topics are being ordered by the post time of posts (replies) not by the topic posted time. I am wanting the topics to stay as per their post time.

Hope there is a solution. :)

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:40 am

The phpBB2 mod that was done for default sort order, is I hope to be ported to phpBB3, as I need that funcatallity. And would solve your problem too.

Mine is the need to have topics in some rooms sorted by subject - like a library :)

That mod allowed each room to be set up to a default - for that room only - by the adminCP.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:10 pm

ChrisRLG wrote: The phpBB2 mod that was done for default sort order, is I hope to be ported to phpBB3, as I need that funcatallity. And would solve your problem too.

Mine is the need to have topics in some rooms sorted by subject - like a library :)

That mod allowed each room to be set up to a default - for that room only - by the adminCP.

That's the one. 8)

Nothing worse than an old topic on page 91 being put on page 1 at the top of the list.

Oh ... wait - this topic will now end up at the top of this forum (apologies to all who didn't want to see it there). :?

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:25 pm

I will have a MOD available for this functionality the day they start allowing MODs to be posted here.
My phpBB3 Mods: - None active =[

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:05 am

There's a phpBB2.x MOD called Topic Cement that allows you to arrange topics as you want. I'm sure it will be ported to 3.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

stexan78

Post by stexan78 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 pm

any news about this ? i have the same problem... :(

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:02 pm

phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Return to “phpBB Discussion”