Congrats on RC4 Release!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Simba Cub

Re: Congrats on RC4 Release!

Post by Simba Cub »

Hooray for RC4! THANKS DEVS!

Rich::
cocoa.uk.com - my home
seratis.net - accessible psychiatry
spiritus-sanctus.net - online community

ginger

Post by ginger »

Thank you for your efforts in realizing this! Awesome job you are doing here.

The KaN

Post by The KaN »

Great job everyone involved. And extra props on the update tool.
phpBB3 User

Sandrus

Post by Sandrus »

I've got a question about RC4 release and the whole phpBB3 thing. Why is it 'unstable', like it says in the downloadsection? Is it safe to go from phpBB2 to phpBB3? And when is coming a 'stable' release?
Thanks to who can help me out!

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

Sandrus wrote:I've got a question about RC4 release and the whole phpBB3 thing. Why is it 'unstable', like it says in the downloadsection?
because its still in development.
Sandrus wrote:And when is coming a 'stable' release?
when its ready.

Kirr

Post by Kirr »

Thanks to devs for RC4, and for 3.0 at all !! Installed recently and can't say how much I am enjoying it. Very clean and powerful operation and configuration! Permission system simply rocks. Attachments (without mods), custom bbcodes, subforums, roles, etc... :) :) Best wishes and good luck with the gold!

Sandrus

Post by Sandrus »

A_O_C wrote:
Sandrus wrote:I've got a question about RC4 release and the whole phpBB3 thing. Why is it 'unstable', like it says in the downloadsection?
because its still in development.
So it is safe to use, isn't it?

noahvale

Post by noahvale »

Sandrus wrote:So it is safe to use, isn't it?
Yes, it's safe. I converted our forum over to RC1 when it first came out. We had about 40,000 posts at the time. RC1 was good, and each RC has been an improvement. The automatic installer works great, even with some mods in place.

DarkGod
I've Been Banned!

Post by DarkGod »

Many people are waiting for gold, but I'm waiting for one more release past gold - phpBB 3.0.1. And even when it does, I won't get it right away - there may be a few critical bugs that may need to be fixed, so I'll wait two weeks later. Why wait for 3.0.1? When people all start using 3.0.0, that's when it will have the most amount of exposure to the world, and hopefully the most amount of bugs, security updates, features, and changes made. It will be even more solid, stable, and ready for prime time than 3.0.0.

The most recent update I did from RC3 to RC4 went perfectly, thanks to everyone involved in phpBB3's development (thanks guys). I'm very much looking forward to a fresh installation of phpBB 3.0.1, two weeks after it comes out. :D

UncleVIBES

Post by UncleVIBES »

I use phpbb3 in a forum with 6000 members since RC1 & I am very happy. I never suffer of any problems during conversion except with RC4 because I didn't understood I had to update the lang files but this forum gave me quickly the right & easy solution. (PUT IT IN BIG NEXT TIME UPDATE ALSO LANG FILES)
I don't worry too much about security issues everythings seems to be under control.
Thanks to the dev team & all their friends over the world.

wmtipton

Post by wmtipton »

DarkGod wrote:Many people are waiting for gold, but I'm waiting for one more release past gold - phpBB 3.0.1. And even when it does, I won't get it right away - there may be a few critical bugs that may need to be fixed, so I'll wait two weeks later. Why wait for 3.0.1? When people all start using 3.0.0, that's when it will have the most amount of exposure to the world, and hopefully the most amount of bugs, security updates, features, and changes made. It will be even more solid, stable, and ready for prime time than 3.0.0.

The most recent update I did from RC3 to RC4 went perfectly, thanks to everyone involved in phpBB3's development (thanks guys). I'm very much looking forward to a fresh installation of phpBB 3.0.1, two weeks after it comes out. :D
I had determined to wait too, but after having my phpBB2 forum hacked twice in one week I decided to convert to RC1 just to see if the hacker could get in again. So far they havent.
Im not sure if it (the phpBB2 forum) was hacked by a bot or a person, but it doesnt seem to be getting in anymore, so Im happy with the RC1-4 entirely.

Now, if I could just get someone to make that Chronicles theme/style for phpBB3 ;)
mysql database backup software - mysql Workbench

FallenSpring

Post by FallenSpring »

I must applaud your efforts and (almost final) product. I have used IPB for years upon years now (though I used phpBB at one point around 4 years ago). Until now, I always considered IPB to be better and easier. This release, however, far surpasses IPB and I plan on using phpBB much, much more from now on.

Congratulations on your accomplishment and you've won over at least one new user with your upgrade.

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

i want to thanks phpbb team and special thanks to dev. to hard work which they doing

thanks phpbb.com :)

Zane912

Post by Zane912 »

Felicitations and hats off to the ones who rock our world. :) Thank you, phpBB3 team.

cdanik

Post by cdanik »

Yes, thank-you to everyone that works so hard to make this awesome free software!
-Chris
Looking for Free Hosting?
Cpanel, 10 GB of Bandwidth, Very Reliable.
http://www.yfchost.com
Trading Card Collector?
http://www.tradingcardfinder.com

Return to “phpBB Discussion”