phpbb2 master into phpbb3 noob

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
yonderboy

phpbb2 master into phpbb3 noob

Post by yonderboy »

i understand nothing in this new crap:

i cant find to manage userwarning clear or delete

user warrnings are not shown on forums "like used to be old times"

i cant change users rank, color, etc.. i add to grpup but nothing happens

i change permision but it still remain the same

if i delete all forums and cats, i have to reinstall forum just because i cant make new permisions for forums because Test Forum 1 has them only, i try to make them but i cant see them even if im admin? im lost maybe to many permission, permission everywhere i click permission lol.

i dont know why i dont understand this... lets just hope there is explenation
Retired...

ameeck
Former Team Member

Re: phpbb2 master into phpbb3 noob

Post by ameeck »

Well, first of all, I'd suggest reading the User Documentation a Quick Start Guide, at least the chapters in which you have problems, e.g. Permissions.

Everything will make sense and is on a whole different level than phpBB2.

To your questions:
Warnings -> Moderator Control Panel - Warnings, there is a simple interface for all you need
User settings -> The user's settings will only be changed if the group your changing is his default one, you can change that via the User Management(and also set the settings individually there) or by the Group Management, where you can change it for more users at once.

Permissions are a bit more complicated -> Have you read at least the short descripition in the ACP on the first page od the Permissions tab? Don't have a clue then, look at the Documentation, i really don't think the mistake is on the phpBB side.

yonderboy

Post by yonderboy »

i know, i belive in phpbb devs.. but is all about easy navigation, if i dont see it i say its not there,

i cant change users rank, color, etc.. i add to grpup but nothing happens -- ok here i made a mistake but...

thanks for reply
Retired...

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

It needs to be their "default" group for the colour/avatar/rank to be the group's one.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2011, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!

JonathanEx

Post by JonathanEx »

I'm going to join the club here and agree that phpBB3 is too damn overcomplicated, for almost everything. Simple is beautiful, right? Sure, you can go on about how I should read this that and everything else, but it should really be intuitive: maybe a bit of reading, but if you've admined phpBB2 or heck other message boards, you shouldn't be confused and jumping through hoops.

I've only installed it yesterday and it's pissing me off. Heck, I only signed up here just to add my comments to the pile. Ah well, it's free, I guess I have to live with it.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”