What mods phpbb.com uses?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
neebo

What mods phpbb.com uses?

Post by neebo »

I tried find mods whats similar with Phpbb official mainsite functions. So can someone tell mods what what pbpbb.com uses? Or is there any? And is this forum theme default 3.0 theme?

Thanks for your help...
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: What mods phpbb.com uses?

Post by karlsemple »

phpBB.coms forums do not use any mods it is a standard phpBB3 board all but the template which is a styled version of the phpBB3 default template which can be seen here - http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/index.php
snkhan

Post by snkhan »

I thought phpBB.com utilised some sort of syndication MOD for the RSS feeds?
snkhan.co.uk
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

snkhan wrote:I thought phpBB.com utilised some sort of syndication MOD for the RSS feeds?

As far as I am aware the RSS links in the announcement forum description are added using bbcode and as such are not a mod, the pages they go to are probably standalone scripts and not part of the forum itself. phpBB.com's forum is kept un-modded so users can see what they are getting when they download with the exception of the style which has been slightly customised to fit with the new site.
neebo

Post by neebo »

Ok, thanks for your help.

But now I think how I can use that same RSS in my index page if its not part of phpbb forum? Is there any guide here or something? (tried to find) And if I want that my users can post news what shows in index page too, so what i need to do? Or is there any good mod for this news system.

I just need that selected post can be showed in index page, but what is easiest and best way for this kind solution?

Thanks for you help fellows!
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

phpBB3 doesn't ship with RSS.

What you see is a separate script made in-house for phpBB.com. It is not a MOD.
Systems Engineering

Return to “phpBB Discussion”