Pure CSS Layout

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
LegosJedi

Pure CSS Layout

Post by LegosJedi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Hey, I'm trying to create a pruely CSS forum layout, as it, no tables, like in ProSilver. I don't want to just steal the code, I want to make it one my own, so I can apply it to other sites/software. Any tips? I tried Google, but it didn't return much.

christhatsme

Re: Pure CSS Layout

Post by christhatsme » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 pm

All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:15 pm

proSilver is not "replacing tables with CSS", since subSIlver uses CSS too of course.

It replaces tables with lists and simple divs and spans.

LegosJedi

Post by LegosJedi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:25 pm

But all those lists are positioned and styled by CSS. That's what I mean.

@christhatsme: I have the basics down, I just need some more.... advanced stuff, like dealing with lists and stuff.

Heimidal
Former Team Member

Post by Heimidal » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Be sure to understand that, semantically, tables should be used for tabular data. The Members list is a good example of this.

You can find many tutorials and informational articles at A List Apart. Additionally, consider picking up a few books from your local bookstore or from Amazon; Eric Meyer and Jeffrey Zeldman have both contributed excellent ideas for CSS layout beginners.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”