I. Updating/Converting #
- As has been stated in every release announcement, no support will be provided for updating from phpBB3 beta versions to phpBB3 RC1 or higher. You were warned that beta software is meant only for testing and should not be used in a live environment so please do not ask. As support for the betas has been discontinued, we recommend that everyone using a phpBB3 beta removes the installation and installs a fresh copy of 3.0.0 instead.
If you would like to convert your phpBB 2.0.x installation to phpBB 3.0.0, please use the converter included in the phpBB 3.0.0 package. Detailed instructions for converting can be found here
- Below is a list of the phpBB 3.0.x forums on this site with their respective descriptions. As posting in the wrong forum will result in your topic not being seen by the people who can contribute to it best, please be sure to choose the forum that best fits your issue. If you decide to post in a different forum, please be sure to read the stickies and announcements that are present in that forum before posting.
- [3.0.x] Discussion - For discussion relating to phpBB 3.0.x. Not for support.
- [3.0.x] Convertors - For questions/support regarding conversions from other forums software.
- [3.0.x] Translations - For questions and discussion about the phpBB 3.0.x language packs
- [3.0.x] Support Forums - For the support of the standard phpBB 3.0.x software
- [3.0.x] MOD Database Releases - For the support of released MODs that have been validated by the phpBB MOD Team. Post in the topic dedicated to the MOD.
- [3.0.x] MOD Requests - For requesting MODs that you cannot locate or would like someone to write.
- [3.0.x] MODs in Development - For the support of MODs that are still in development. Post in the topic dedicated to the MOD.
- [3.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion - For discussion related to MOD development
- [3.0.x] Styles Database Releases - For the support of released styles that have been validated by the phpBB MOD Team. Post in the topic dedicated to the style.
- [3.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion - For general support regarding styles as well as feedback for styles in development
- Are you using a phpBB port? #
Please understand that this forum is strictly for phpBB 3.0.x related discussions. If you are using a phpBB port, please post on the site dedicated to the port. Please note that using fixes/updates/MODs found on this site on such installations will result in errors.
- Do you have full access to the files/database? #
If you are using a limited access host that does not provide you with access to the server where the phpBB files are hosted, then you should seek assistance directly from them. Such hosts use a modified version of phpBB that we will be unable to assist with.
- Did you install phpBB yourself? #
Boards installed using a wizard like Fantastico will not be supported here as such utilities often make changes to the standard phpBB files. If you start off with different core files, then the problems you encounter may not be related to phpBB. If someone else installed the board for you, be sure that you are fully familiar with the setup and what was altered. We cannot help if we do not know what was changed.
- Where do I go for MOD support? #
If the MOD was downloaded from this site, there will be a topic dedicated to it in the [3.0.x] MODs in Development Forum or the [3.0.x] MOD Database Releases Forum. Please ask all questions relating to the MOD in this topic. MODs downloaded from other sites are not supported here. Many MOD authors setup their own sites and provide MOD support there. If all else fails, you can email the MOD author directly with your question.
- What if I need help installing/configuring PHP, MySQL, Apache, etc.? #
There are many other boards that deal specifically with server configurations. Simple do a Google search for "MySQL help forum" to find 100s of boards that will be more than happy to assist you.
- Who do I contact to report abuse occurring on a site using phpBB? #
Please see this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=102152
- How do I report a bug? #
Bug reports should be submitted here.
- How do I report a security related issue? #
Vulnerabilities should be submitted here.
- My board has been hacked, what do I do? #
Please do the following before making any modifications to your board (this includes changing passwords, editing files, running the admin toolkit, etc.):
1) Save a copy of the files (simply create a local copy of the files on the server).
2) Save a copy of the database.
3) Save the server access logs for the time of the hack (they may be available in the 'logs' directory on the server, in your host's control panel or only by request directly from your host).
4) File a report in the incident tracker. Attach the items from steps 1-3 when you file the report or upload them to a secure location for the incident investigation team to download. Please do not start a new topic on the board, the proper place for incidents reports is the tracker.
- Help Yourself #
- Most discussions started in this forum already have existing topics. By searching, you will save yourself the time that would otherwise be spent waiting for a response. Before starting a new topic, please make sure that you have done a search as well as looked through the following sections of the site:
- How do I install phpBB? #
Installation Tutorial in /docs/
- Can I use MODs, Styles or language packs made for phpBB2 on phpBB3 installations? #
No, phpBB3 is completely different from phpBB2. Over time MOD/Style/translation authors will release packages for phpBB3.
- How do I install MODs? #
Knowledge Base - How to Install MODs
- How do I convert my phpBB2 board to phpBB 3.0.0? #
The conversion guide in the /docs/
- More to come as it becomes available
- Please remember that those who reply to your questions do so on a voluntary basis. Note the following when posting:
- Just like in real life, you are much more likely to receive assistance if you are courteous and respectful. Users who demand help or attack others are often ignored by the community. Users who make a habit of being disrespectful will be warned under rule 1b. #
- Please do not use generic topic titles like "I need help" or "Getting an error". Remember, a descriptive title will attract much more attention than a generic one. #
- As per rule 1g, please do not post your message in ALL CAPS, bold, large, or bright text or use excessive punctuation. This goes for the title as well. #
- As per rule 4h, please do not bump your topic until at least 6 hours have passed since the last response. Since most of us answer questions in the order they were posted, frequent bumping will only push you further away from help. #
- Please note that PMing, IMing or emailing team members for support is prohibited by rule 4e. Assistance is only offered via the board and IRC. #
The Support Team
Note: Please PM me if you have a suggestion or find an error in this notice.
1198055410 Updated for 3.0.0 - Marshalrusty
1192772100 Updated for RC7 - Marshalrusty
1188019624 Updated for RC5 - Marshalrusty
1187236792 Added anchors - Marshalrusty
1185668731 Updated for RC4 - Marshalrusty
1183865105 Updated to version 2.0 - Marshalrusty
Previous changes omitted to reduce length