Mods installed?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Mods installed?

Post by Phil »

That's how you do it, but please be aware that deactivating a board requires the database online, so you'd get the General Error anyway when viewing it while the information is outdated.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
dogfart

Post by dogfart »

It just occured to me that if I disable the board, I might not be able to get back in to re-enable it. :)

Maybe I need to whip out the documentation... is there a direct link to the ACP or something? How do I get back in if the board is disabled (sorry for all the newbie questions)?

Also, I see you posted already... if you were to change the password for your forum, how would you go about it?
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil »

Just download config.php, change the db password (ask your host how), and upload the new config.php with the new password. Should only lead to a minute or two of downtime :D
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
dogfart

Post by dogfart »

iWisdom wrote:Just download config.php, change the db password (ask your host how), and upload the new config.php with the new password. Should only lead to a minute or two of downtime :D
Thanks again. I've already figured out how to change the db password, so I'll change the db password, upload the modified config.php and then ensure the permissions on the file are still rw r r.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”