Font size on MAC Explorer?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Grinch

Font size on MAC Explorer?

Post by Grinch »

I just recently went from phpbb2 to phpbb3 RC4. Everything is going ok, but today I received an email from a member complaining that all the text is super tiny and unreadable. He's the only person that has complained, but I also suspect that he is one of the only users running a MAC and that particular browser. He did try Safari and it looks ok, but he hates that browser.

So the question here is how do we submit bugs on things that we can't touch? Is there a team of phpbb users here that are able to test the variations of web browsers, including Mac? I'm not really sure what to tell this user of mine. I could log a bug myself (if it turns out to be a bug) but I have no real way to follow up or retest it myself. How should this be handled?

Signed,

Confused. ;)
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Font size on MAC Explorer?

Post by Phil »

IE for OS/X is a wretchedly outdated version, which has very poor CSS support. There really isn't much we can do.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

In fact IE is so out of date that the Microsoft page for it now says that they no longer support it, there is no download for it and they recommend you use safari. A nice alternative is firefox.

Seriously, IE on the Mac is ancient. Time to move on.

I have IE5 on my Mac for web testing and phpBB3 looks a right mess.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Dundurs

Post by Dundurs »

I'm using Safari. There are no problems for viewing PhpBB3 not for Version 2 nor 3 Beta. CSS support in Safari is very standartized.
tallionadams

Post by tallionadams »

I really think you are quite right and most of the visitors support us.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”