Date for final version of PHPBB3 ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
jojoce

Date for final version of PHPBB3 ?

Post by jojoce »

Hi,
I would like to know for when the finale version is ?
An approximative date...
A RC5 version is it going to come ?
Or directly the final version ?

My english is bad, i'm french :D

Thanks.
freud47

Re: Date for final version of PHPBB3 ?

Post by freud47 »

Elle sortira quand elle sortira, la seule chose que je peux te dire c'est qu'on en a jamais été aussi près :D

Plus sérieusement personne n'a encore de date et ta demande a déjà été formulée à maintes reprises et les topics fermés ;)

It's out when it's out, be patient ;)
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

No idea what the french reply was, but I imagine you will get the same response others have... "it'll be ready when it's ready"....

My guess is there WILL be an RC5, as by definition it is a "release candidate".... if it were ready for release it would've been renamed "gold"... RC5 will come at some point, then if that is good enough the gold will follow..

(all IMHO)

I guess this will be locked too, talk of this seems to be being cracked down upon.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

The bottom line here is that there is no official release or estimated release date, The software will be released when it is ready and not before :) A search of the forum will have told you this as it has been asked and answered many many many times before.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

And done. 8)

The moderator team policy is to close topics asking for release dates, as the developer team have said on more than one occasion that they will not publish a release date. Thanks for understanding.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Return to “phpBB Discussion”