Two questions

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Zircon17

Two questions

Post by Zircon17 »

1; how do I get the "hr" bbcode to work, for I always get, "Your custom BBCode must contain both an opening and a closing tag"

2; how do I make a rss feed for my site? I've tried looking it up, but I only get, how to see OTHER sites rss feeds, but I want my site to have one, also what does an rss feed do?
Zircon17

Re: Two questions

Post by Zircon17 »

anyone?
suisu-jin

Post by suisu-jin »

Zircon17 wrote:anyone?
Change the subject of your first post so that everyone can see what you like to know! ;)
«I've always followed the rule that anything worth doing is worth doing excessively.» (Robert Parker)
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

In the bbcodes section of the administration panel, add the [hr] bbcode and make the HTML replacement <hr />. SHould be very straightforward.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
SamG
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Graf

Post by SamG »

It's not quite that straightforward, as it involves a little bit of non-intuitive BBCode. Since the system requires opening and closing BBCode tags, the BBCode has to be something like [hr][/hr]. The XHTML replacement can be <hr />.
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Post by romans1423 »

Zircon17 wrote:2; how do I make a rss feed for my site? I've tried looking it up, but I only get, how to see OTHER sites rss feeds, but I want my site to have one, also what does an rss feed do?
If you don't know what an RSS feed does, how do you know you want one for your site?

It's better to seek to add only what you know you need rather than features that you yourself don't even understand the significance of.

That said, RSS is a type of XML syndication feed which is updated each time new content is published so that it can be syndicated elsewhere -- feed readers, "latest posts" widgets, and so on.
Zircon17

Post by Zircon17 »

SamG wrote:It's not quite that straightforward, as it involves a little bit of non-intuitive BBCode. Since the system requires opening and closing BBCode tags, the BBCode has to be something like [hr][/hr]. The XHTML replacement can be <hr />.

so do know how to add that bbcode?
SamG
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Graf

Post by SamG »

SamG wrote:…the BBCode has to be something like [hr][/hr]. The XHTML replacement can be <hr />.
The example I gave is a working example. Note that you don't need a closing XHTML tag, just a closing BBCode tag, as in my example.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”