What CMS is used at www.phpbb.com?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
theBart

What CMS is used at www.phpbb.com?

Post by theBart »

The general design and functionality of the web pages at phpbb.com (both forum and non-forum pages) are truly exquisite imho.

What kind of content management system (CMS) is running side-by-side with phpbb on this site?

The integration between these two seems to be almost perfect, and I'd like to achieve something similiar on my own pages. :D
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Re: What CMS is used at www.phpbb.com?

Post by ChrisRLG »

The website & forum design is not available for use elsewhere - we are not using any of the publicly available software, but one specially written exclusively for this domain.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
theBart

Post by theBart »

ChrisRLG wrote:The website & forum design is not available for use elsewhere - we are not using any of the publicly available software, but one specially written exclusively for this domain.
I was afraid of that. ;) Thanks for elucidating.
solisis

Post by solisis »

my question is "almost" perfect? It seems to be exactly what the site requires to me.

I don't know if there is a non-specific CMS system out there that one can simply plug INTO their site. Most of them require you to build your site around them.

You could modify the phpbb admin panel to reflect other avenues of your site if your site is one to have a forum and other things. It would really depend on what content you're attempting to manage. If it is selling, maybe you would be better with something like oscommerce or zen cart. If forums, then I say phpbb is the best. If a little of both, you'd be better off choosing the one you like best and expanding it yourself rather than trying to merge anything. Templated systems tend to be confusing and would be a nightmare to integrate with one another.
mattgid

Post by mattgid »

wow I'm jealous :(

I wish I had someone do the same for me- write a CMS for my site only.
✖✖_Matthew Gideon_✖✖

Return to “phpBB Discussion”