is there a comparison chart of phpbb2 vs phpbb3 ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
IanL

is there a comparison chart of phpbb2 vs phpbb3 ?

Post by IanL »

phpbb3 looks pretty cool but i really haven't had a chance to really use it yet. There are 2 boards i run that are pretty busy and 2 more that are moderately busy. All of them have a dozen or so mods installed. I want to upgrade to 3 only because i want something new to play with :) I don't have a list of things phpbb3 includes out of the box compared to phpbb2 so i can't really justify it beyond 'something new to play with'.

Is there any sort of chart or table which compares or lists the features between phpbb 2 and 3 ?

The main thing i guess would be if the features added by the mods i've installed are either included in 3 or if those mods have been converted to work with phpbb 3 as well. If i have a feature list of 3, i can determine which mods I will need to worry about getting converted to work in 3.

thanks
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Re: is there a comparison chart of phpbb2 vs phpbb3 ?

Post by darcie »

Here: http://www.phpbb.com/about/features/
Many have also installed a test forum to play with the new features before converting.
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
IanL

Post by IanL »

Oh i've already installed it, twice actually. but for me it's really hard to get to know something unless i'm really using it. Just playing around with it just isnt the same for me. What I have seen of 3 so far though looks very cool.
Thanks for the link, i'll take a look at that.
IanL

Post by IanL »

just noticed one small typo in that comparison chart:

Quote Multiple Posts - when you hover over the ? the popup says Multiple post quiting - pretty sure it should be multiple post quoting :)

Topic Histroy: should be Topic History

Not trying to be nit picky. Just pointing them out in case anyone wants to correct them.

thanks
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie »

Oops... the page is new, so changes are still being made. I'll report the errors to the team. Thanks!
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
Avaya

Post by Avaya »

Why not upgrade one of your more moderately busy boards first? If all goes well and you like what you see after having it in a live environment for a certain period of time, then you can upgrade the rest of your boards.
My website: SixSeventyOne.net
Get the best! Browse with Image
IanL

Post by IanL »

yeah that what what i was planning on doing. Although i'll probably wait till it officially gets released. I dont feel like upgrading the same board twice considering i already have 4 boards that may get upgraded :)

What i've seen of 3 so far is very cool. The only thing I'm concerned about is all the additional anti-spam features i've installed on my boards. Although i guess/hope the bots will take a little while to learn how to spam phpbb3

Return to “phpBB Discussion”