RC8 discussion

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Re: RC8 discussion

Post by Jim_UK »

will_hough wrote:Perfect and seamless update from 7 to 8.
Likewise with upgrade from a very heavily modded version 2.0.22 that is complete with portal. All ran very smoothly with the only extra work required being the rebuild of index from the ACP.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Stallyon
Name: Chris Bell

Post by Stallyon »

Congrats! Sorry I'm late. Family troubles :(

Good news: Flawless upgrade, even with custom style. Remember to refreshenate style caches, guys! Those stale ones can make things a little ugmo! :twisted:
Attention: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athleets.

jasonf1

Post by jasonf1 »

Release the (golden) hounds! :D

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

I was able to successfully update an RC1 board all the way to RC8. Didn’t bother with the file changes, there were too many. Just did the DB updates in each package through RC8 and replaced all the files. Sure all the MODs had to be re-installed, but that takes less time then it would have taken to try and merge all those files. :lol:
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

topdown
Name: Jeff Behnke

Post by topdown »

Highway of Life wrote:I was able to successfully update an RC1 board all the way to RC8. Didn’t bother with the file changes, there were too many. Just did the DB updates in each package through RC8 and replaced all the files. Sure all the MODs had to be re-installed, but that takes less time then it would have taken to try and merge all those files. :lol:
Exactly what I just did on my support board which was RC5. :lol:

Here I was sweating about it. LOL

Went smooth, quick and perfect. Excellent work guys. :mrgreen:

demon327

Post by demon327 »

i need to say the auto updater is very good..,i got 3 to 4 mods installed and all is working after the upgrade :mrgreen:

FritzMi

Post by FritzMi »

Hi guys,

I too used the auto updater to update from RC7 but I encountered a small problem. I've uploaded the RC7-RC8 zip file to the phpBB installation folder on my host, unpacked it and checked for the update in the ACP.

I started the update process with the version check where I was told to not have the current version -> that's OK. I proceeded and started to check the files. After this file check I had to confirm two modifications I made which where integrated without any problems and re-checked again.

Here I encountered the very first problem. The page I now see is without any CSS coding or template at all. I can see no button to continue the process. When refreshing the browser (FF 2.0.11) using F5 I have a proper layout again but no button to continue. Just have look at the attached image. On the right border I just cut off some pixels to save space but there is nothing important.

How can I continue with the update. Any start from the beginning results at this page without the possibility to continue.

SOLVED:
Seems to be a problem with Firefox. I pointed IE 6.x to the installation directory and started again. After the same steps I finally could upload the changes using FTP and everything works now!
Attachments
update.png
update.png (25.13 KiB) Viewed 243 times
cu,
Michael

Stallyon
Name: Chris Bell

Post by Stallyon »

You should probably report this as a bug if it's a serious Firefox issue.
Attention: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athleets.

NightSky

Post by NightSky »

I updated with Firefox 2.0.0.11 with autoupdater and didn't experienced such problems. May be it would help to clear cache of your browser but it could be a bug too.

FritzMi

Post by FritzMi »

Don't know exactly since I didn't encounter this problem when updating from RC5 to RC7 some weeks before.

It may be that the Firefox cache is the source of this problem, as already suspected because it is located in a RAM Disk and not on a physical disk.

At least I'm on RC8 now :D

pepspeps

Post by pepspeps »

Can't wait 'til the Gold release yay! :D

Outstanding work phpbb dev team!

dravekx
I've Been Banned!

Post by dravekx »

Daryl Grant wrote:
don-vip wrote:I've juste updated to RC8 and I have this bug:
(text is displayed over the button)
It appears in any language, with Firefox & IE... I purged the cache but it does not change anything.
Any idea ?
Had the exact same.. I just refresh the templates, deleted my temp internet files, done a ctrl Refresh and it went..
Okay, so it works for some and doesn't work for others... I've tried from a fresh install to a hard refresh/temporary internet file deletion tactic. I still "also" have text on my buttons. I've refreshed the template, theme, etc... so if anyone says "refresh/delete/empty" again, your a moron. It's not fixing the problem for me or Don-vip as it seems. :(
Last edited by will_hough on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed size/bold tags

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

There is no reason to write in large and bold in a discussion topic. It works for everybody using updated files.
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM

Luchtzak

Post by Luchtzak »

Update went perfect for 2 of my websites!

dravekx
I've Been Banned!

Post by dravekx »

Kellanved wrote:There is no reason to write in large and bold in a discussion topic. It works for everybody using updated files.
oh look! another un-answered answer! so far you guys are helping tremendously by beating the bush. hey! I got an answer... read what everyone else wrote again because evidently it didn't work the first 25 times, it should work the 26th time. Updated files? yeah... uhm... tried that... same problem. Been over it 25 times to date. something isn't working like its suppose to which usually means "BUG" (or I thought it did). Any ideas or is this going to be a constant "run-around-the-topic" idea related to: "Its working for 98%! The other 2% of you can keep clearing your cache/temps/refresh until it works." I love getting blow-off help when your not the majority. Thanks! :roll:

okay... so I found the problem: Here's the fix for all those who aren't php guru's... PURGING the cache from the front page within the ACP is not the answer. You actually hafta go into the ACP/STYLES tab and under style components, select templates. Under options, click CACHE... Mark all and delete. That SOLVES the problem for the button text, but you still may have the same problem on buttons within mods; which is still a mystery as such has yet to be figured out. :roll:

Return to “phpBB Discussion”