Which handheld is best and most used for phpbb3?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
skadamo

Which handheld is best and most used for phpbb3?

Post by skadamo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:52 pm

I plan on buying a handheld (pda, blackberry type) device asap. I would like to browse my phpbb3 site with a handheld everyone else is most likely to use. Does anyone have any web site visitor stats that can tell me what most people use on thier phpbb board?

Also, is there an OS (palm, microsfot, blackberry, etc) that will give the best expierence?

Thanks in advance!!!

btw, i won't be considering an iphone.

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: Which handheld is best and most used for phpbb3?

Post by EXreaction » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:11 am

This has nothing to do with phpBB3. You should ask on a forum about mobile devices as to what mobile device renders web pages the best.

skadamo

Post by skadamo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:40 pm

I disagree. I am looking from input from phpbb3 admins. I'll let the mods or silence decide thought.

Anyone have any input?

SamG
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Graf

Post by SamG » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:50 pm

My experience is with Palms (never tried it on the BlackBerry, though I could, if you're interested) and the Palm browser (Blazer, I think?), and my view is that prosilver and subsilver2, oriented as they are toward a visual experience, do not lend themselves well to handheld browsing. So, I think, you first have to offer a handheld-oriented theme regardless of the handheld.

That doesn't actually answer your question, but I can only give an opinion there based on visitor stats I have access to. My thought is that since handheld/cell phone users currently represent a relatively small percentage of total visits, if one is going to consider them important at all, then being selective within that market is likely going to minimize the benefits of considering that market in the first place.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”