Post Approval

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Colin Kaminski

Post Approval

Post by Colin Kaminski » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:23 pm

OK, I have a problem form member. He has a lot to offer to my mostly science based forum but because of his disability it causes him to hit send a little too fast and create problems. Is there a way I can slow down his posting, a time delay before the post shows or require moderator approval for all of his posts?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Post Approval

Post by karlsemple » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:28 pm

You could go into the Admin control panel -> permissions tab -> forum based permissions -> forum permissions

Then the forums all all forums to set permissions for and submit, then enter the user to set permissions for and submit. Once you have done this you can click the "advanced permissions" link to the right of the drop down menu to see the advanced forum permissions, under the 'misc' tab you will see the permissions to decide if a user can post with or without post moderation....which is whether their posts need approval or not :)

Colin Kaminski

Re: Post Approval

Post by Colin Kaminski » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:44 pm

Thank you, That worked. I did not end up having to use the advanced option. The standard setting for "On Moderation Que" worked perfectly.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”