BiLingual Registration

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Colin Kaminski

BiLingual Registration

Post by Colin Kaminski » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:44 am

I need to set up my registration so that people can register in two languages. My forum now has a section of speakers that speaks no english. I need to allow people who speak no English at all to register. Any ideas?

Can I auto detect the language of the browser and switch to another language?

Can I make a flag at the top of the registration page that one would click to see the page in his or her own language?

Do the language packs even include the registration dialog?

Sorry for all of the questions. My forum went bilingual as a surprise to me. Since we are a technology based topic for a very small audience it made sense to include another language.

BTW I have spent 4 years with phpBB now and the community is the greatest. Thank you!

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Re: BiLingual Registration

Post by ChrisRLG » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:22 am

phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Return to “phpBB Discussion”