Displaying Custom Field - no user access

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
AMK4

Displaying Custom Field - no user access

Post by AMK4 »

I want to be able to display a custom field in a user's profile, or anywhere on the board where their profile is shown, with posts, member profile (under the statistics part), a column on the member list (between rank and posts), etc., etc., even in each user's control panel profile, however I do NOT want them (the user) to be able to edit it.

Right now I have the 'Hide profile field' under 'Visibility option' enabled, since that's the only option I have to make it so the user can't edit that field, but that will also prevent it from being displayed anywhere. I want it to be shown everywhere (with whatever custom text I display it with), but it needs to be a read_only for the UCP.

The data is just numbers, and it will have a short text infront of it when displayed.

Ideas anyone?
Darkelarious

Re: Displaying Custom Field - no user access

Post by Darkelarious »

Check out this 'mod':
http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... =85&t=2355

Also you should alter the load settings under the general tab in the ACP to be able to see the custom profile fields in the user profile in the viewtopic page.
AMK4

Re: Displaying Custom Field - no user access

Post by AMK4 »

Ok, I won't try your mod yet because of the other issues related to it. We have some fields that are required and such, and from reading some of the posts, it sounds like there are some issues with you mod in that regard. No worries. Here's what I've done so far:

General -> Board Features
Allow Styles to display custom profile fields in memberlist: YES
Display custom profile fields in user profiles: YES
Display custom user profiles in topic pages: YES

Users and Groups -> Custom profile fields
The field in question has under 'Edit profile field'
Display profile field: YES
Under 'Visibility options'
Hide profile field: YES

Notes:
Using prosilver, I don't see the custom field in the member list.
The custom field is now displayed on view topic pages, but ONLY if it's an admin (and presumably a mod) that's logged in. Regular (and guest) users can't see it. I want them to see it, just not edit it.

I want this field to be visible just like the number of posts, date joined, etc., etc. is displayed for regular users an guests. And I only want MODs to be able to change it (or ideally, people in a specific group, not necessarily a mod nor admin).

Return to “phpBB Discussion”