phpBB3 on Sourceforge guide

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
freegamer

phpBB3 on Sourceforge guide

Post by freegamer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:38 pm

I have put together a guide for installing phpBB3 on a Sourceforge web space, and it works well:
http://wiki.freegamedev.net/index.php/Sourceforge_phpBB

In use here:
http://freetrain.sourceforge.net/forum/

My next challenge is to find a suitable wiki that can run on Sourceforge (php4 only so MediaWiki 1.6.x only) and integrate with phpBB.

Other than dokuwiki (which stores the wiki in files - it should be a db-based wiki) does anybody know of a wiki software with phpBB3 integration? Any recommendations welcome.

NightwolfAA2k5

Re: phpBB3 on Sourceforge guide

Post by NightwolfAA2k5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:59 am

Didn't seem to work for me, I made the directories writeable, but the forum software claimed they were unwriteable... :o

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:14 pm

That's the way sourceforge works. No directories are writable in their setup.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

freegamer

Post by freegamer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Correct. If you'd read the guide I put up, it tells you how to cicrumvent this. There is an area of the Sourceforge web space that writes are allowed - /tmp/persistent/projectname - so you have to use that (easiest to use symlinks to there) and this is described in the guide.

NightwolfAA2k5

Post by NightwolfAA2k5 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 am

Yeah, turns out I pointed the symlinks to the wrong place the first time, I also created them in the wrong place, I created them in the '/tmp/persistant/projectname' directory, rather than my forum install dir. Got a little confused or something.

Finally worked it out :lol:

Thanks for the guide and help :)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”