edit menu nav_bar on prosilver like template

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
thetripperchic

edit menu nav_bar on prosilver like template

Post by thetripperchic »

What file do i edit the menu bar and where the heck is it. I have been searching for 2 hours and thought I was close there for minute but no go. and in the ACP I can't do ACP/Style/Template to find files. I even downloaded the installed files to look for it. I am exhausted. I am 65 with a damaged right eye and boy this whole thing is kicking my buttocks.
MarkDHamill

Re: edit menu nav_bar on prosilver like template

Post by MarkDHamill »

In prosilver, the navigation bar is in /styles/prosilver/template/navbar_header.html. Most styles will inherit this template from prosilver.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
thetripperchic

Post by thetripperchic »

Thanx! i did manage to find navbar_header, but none of the files i looked had any of the menu info i need to change Like home board index so on.I Want to change the Url for Home and add to more and their names to that bar.

in the old days there didn't seem to be so files and I never learned what breadcrumbs are. Its all new to me. I mean I would see the word and ignore. but now...things have apparently change as i got older. lol
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Since 3.1, phpBB has supported a Home link. You can find it in ACP > Board settings.

There are all sorts of template events in navbar_header.html. It is better to use these events rather than hard code your events into the existing template. This way when the style is updated your custom changes should not be affected. For example there is <!-- EVENT overall_header_navlink_prepend -->.

In this case you could create a template/events directory if it does not exist in the style and in the folder create a file called overall_header_navlink_prepend.html. But your HTML and template code there, emulating the template conventions. You may need to purge the cache to see changes.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”