Receive custom profile fields and values

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
yannickboy15

Receive custom profile fields and values

Post by yannickboy15 »

Hey there,

I was busy trying to code a few things myself for my team page and I tried getting a specific custom profile field. I looked through a few topics and such and found a few methods, but it doesn't seem to work. What's the issue with the following?

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
	<!-- IF custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "badge" -->
		<dt>{custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</dt> <dd>{custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- END custom_fields2 -->
I called the field identification badge and I presented it to the user as badge aswell, just to see if it works.

I hope anyone has a solution, thanks!
Last edited by JimA on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from 3.2 Support to Custom Coding
AmigoJack

Re: Receive custom profile fields and values

Post by AmigoJack »

That template block is nowhere provided in the team branch of /memberlist.php - you'd have to insert code just like in lines 1498 to 1514 and 1567 to 1573. If you want to write an extension, use the core.memberlist_team_modify_template_vars event.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
yannickboy15

Re: Receive custom profile fields and values

Post by yannickboy15 »

AmigoJack wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am That template block is nowhere provided in the team branch of /memberlist.php - you'd have to insert code just like in lines 1498 to 1514 and 1567 to 1573. If you want to write an extension, use the core.memberlist_team_modify_template_vars event.
I want to make a manual function, seeing I am just a beginner at PHP. Making extensions is a huge thing. So what I got to do is basically make a workaround in the memberslist, where I then call for it in the HTML file?

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”