External Registration form with Captcha question

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Skordy

External Registration form with Captcha question

Post by Skordy »

Hello,

I'm having an issue getting an external registration page working. After countless of hours trying, and failing, and researching, and reading the ENTIRE Full Site Integration thread found here - viewtopic.php?f=71&t=719055 I could not for the life of me find a solution that worked.

I am trying to get an external registration page, with the Google Captcha to work. I have successfully gotten logins to work flawlessly with a redirect back to home page, however, with registration, I have gotten it MOSTLY working, besides the Captcha. Obviously the registration will not go through without the verification, so I'm just looking for some help on getting that working. Any help would be appreciated.
Selective

Re: External Registration form with Captcha question

Post by Selective »

A simple solution would be the pages extension/mod
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/pages/

It allows you to create custom pages in your forum, using the header and footer of your forum as you want, and you can set those pages individually to be either public access or members only.

You can then use one of those pages to create a registration page how you want it.

I used that to create a new custom login page, and it works great.
Skordy

Re: External Registration form with Captcha question

Post by Skordy »

Appreciate the reply, I suppose I should be a bit more descriptive. I'm trying to tie phpbb into an existing site, where login/register would be capable from the header. The main site and phpbb live completely separate, but on the same server.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”