Query to add users URGENT

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Smithgb

Query to add users URGENT

Post by Smithgb »

Hello team. I urgently need the following SQL query to add people to their corensponding group (RU), if needed to assign its group perms and to add them in phpbb_users table. I have a list of several thousands users and I urgently need to add them. Thanks
AmigoJack

Re: Query to add users URGENT

Post by AmigoJack »

That would need you to know how to use newly inserted IDs in consecutive queries at least. Not to speak about how easily one can mess up with all metadata by doing things outside of phpBB. Consider using function user_add() in /includes/functions_user.php instead - with your own script it'd be also very easy to adjust timeout thresholds and run loops over "several thousands". You can look up on how /includes/ucp/ucp_register.php deals with creating accounts.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”