login screen modification

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
kikuya

login screen modification

Post by kikuya » Mon May 28, 2018 1:49 pm

i would like to have my logo in the header of the login page and have found i can add a readfile to the ucp.php page but then it messes up the user control panel and such by double displaying the logo.

code i used:
readfile("styles/header.html");

does anyone have any ideas where to do this or how to add it without having the double header appear?
“I don’t think man was meant to attain happiness so easily. Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: login screen modification

Post by Brf » Mon May 28, 2018 2:09 pm

You should not be adding anything like that to the php files.
Just edit the overall_header.html and put in code to check which script is running. I myself do not know which variables you need to check, but I am sure someone else here can help you out.

Isn’t your logo in your header somewhere else already?

kikuya

Post by kikuya » Mon May 28, 2018 2:17 pm

yeah it's on the main page but when you click to login it's gone, its just a blank page with login and password

i'll see if anyone else has any ideas :) thanks
“I don’t think man was meant to attain happiness so easily. Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it.”

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:24 pm

I am not sure what the problem is because when I look at a vanilla board the logo is on the login page.

A link to your board would help so that we can see what the problem actually is.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

kikuya

Post by kikuya » Mon May 28, 2018 2:26 pm

yeah i saw that too so im wondering what i did wrong to make it disappear

http://rootpricer.com

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:32 pm

On the basis that you have paid for that style I suggest you ask Planet Styles for a solution.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

kikuya

Post by kikuya » Mon May 28, 2018 2:33 pm

i'll try that but i doubt they will be any help, thank you anyways!

kikuya

Post by kikuya » Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 pm

well i emailed them but im sure they will call this a customization and not help so anyone else have any ideas, please share

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:52 pm

kikuya wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 pm
well i emailed them but im sure they will call this a customization and not help so anyone else have any ideas, please share
I doubt it unless someone has the code for that style as firstly we do not know the style andsecondly we do not know what you have don to it.

You could always restore your backups to find out where it went wrong and take it from there.
David

kikuya

Post by kikuya » Mon May 28, 2018 2:56 pm

sorry about that, this is the style here. it doesnt show up on their demo either it seems

https://themeforest.net/item/h2o-action ... anetStyles

http://preview.themeforest.net/item/h2o ... w/21290777

i used the box theme, the one in the middle

Dan Stylez

Post by Dan Stylez » Mon May 28, 2018 3:26 pm

If you look into the style template folder, there should be some files named login,

For example, the Prosilver style has one called login_body.html and one called faq_body.html
In both of these files, at the top you will see <!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html --> and at the bottom <!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->

Your style has the header and footer on the FAQ page, so if your style template folder has a file called faq_body.html you should be able to open it and compare it to the login_body.html file.

Bare in mind that it's very important to create backups of the files before making any changes.

kikuya

Post by kikuya » Mon May 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Dan Stylez wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:26 pm
If you look into the style template folder, there should be some files named login,

For example, the Prosilver style has one called login_body.html and one called faq_body.html
In both of these files, at the top you will see <!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html --> and at the bottom <!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->

Your style has the header and footer on the FAQ page, so if your style template folder has a file called faq_body.html you should be able to open it and compare it to the login_body.html file.

Bare in mind that it's very important to create backups of the files before making any changes.
im an idiot, thank you. that's what i needed right there :lol:

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”