Removing Smiley Panel from Posting Page for a Specific Style

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Matthew G. Saroff
Name: Matthew G. Saroff

Re: Removing Smiley Panel from Posting Page for a Specific Style

Post by Matthew G. Saroff »

Mick wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:34 am
Brf wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:29 pm The Support forum is not the place to ask about editing styles. You should either be asking in Custom Coding, or the support area for your specific style.
So I’ve moved it.
Thanks.
canonknipser wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:26 am Be aware that modifying the editor.html prevents your user to see those smilies only when creating posts.
They can still add the smilies using the smilies code like :oops: directly.
They also see the smilies when another user puts them into his post.

I understand the idea of your users to ban those animated smilies (or animated images at all). In rare cases, e.g. people suffering on epilepsy can be irritated by animations on screens.

So even her on phpbb.com, animated avatars are forbidden by rules. Similar rules apply to other sites.
The issue is just with it being on the posting page, not turning off smilies on a per user basis.

Also, your posting page smilies have expanded significantly from the default: (Not my fault, before my time as admin)
smilies.PNG
--
The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries, satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.

I wrote BBCodeWebex for Firefox which automates the addition of html and bbcode tags on blogs and discussion boards.

Eventually, I'll port it to Chromium browsers.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Removing Smiley Panel from Posting Page for a Specific Style

Post by Brf »

As I already explained, it is a simple matter to remove some or all of the smilies from the posting form, using the posting / smilies page in the admin control panel. Simply uncheck the ones you don’t want on the posting form.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”