Reading the cookie

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
joshex

Reading the cookie

Post by joshex »

So I'm trying to replace an old AJAX chat on our site which used to be able to somehow tie into the forum and get the usernames for users connected to the chat. I imagine this was done with the cookie sid?

so very simply I want to make a program which interfaces with the site to recognize usernames and login status. what should I be looking at? where on the site or the site's cookies should I be looking for this information?

the cookie SID just gives a number as do the other cookies from the site, if there some special translator which can pull a username from this?

thanks
Last edited by Kailey on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to phpBB Custom Coding
david63

Re: Reading the cookie

Post by david63 »

joshex wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 am so very simply I want to make a program which interfaces with the site to recognize usernames and login status. what should I be looking at?
Probably the sessions table
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
joshex

Post by joshex »

david63 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm
joshex wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 am so very simply I want to make a program which interfaces with the site to recognize usernames and login status. what should I be looking at?
Probably the sessions table
by sessions table do you mean the page viewonline.php or is it saved in a file on the server? I'm not familiar with it. I tried logging into the forum from my program to view the online user list and my program just froze lol, probably cause I didn't set the program to handle cookies..
david63

Post by david63 »

I mean the sessions table in the database
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”