Where is pop up window in the code?

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Where is pop up window in the code?

Post by Affin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:47 pm

I have added a button to my page, everything is fine but it has a pop up code that I can not find where it can be in the code. Who is good at finding it?

Code: Select all

<!-- LikeBtn.com BEGIN -->
<span class="likebtn-wrapper" data-identifier="item_1"></span>
<script>(function(d,e,s){if(d.getElementById("likebtn_wjs"))return;a=d.createElement(e);m=d.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];a.async=1;a.id="likebtn_wjs";a.src=s;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a, m)})(document,"script","//w.likebtn.com/js/w/widget.js");</script>
<!-- LikeBtn.com END -->

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: Where is pop up window in the code?

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 pm

That is simple_footer.html and simple_header.html

Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:12 pm

</Solidjeuh> wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 pm
That is simple_footer.html and simple_header.html
Ok. Do you know if i can use that like the button to post as well?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 am

maybe is you explained what it is you are trying to do we could help you better.

we have to ask you for this almost every time you ask for help with some change you are trying to make to the board.

it helps us help you if you explain what the final outcome is that you are after. not how you think it should be done etc.

it is doubtful that the bit of code you posted is all there is to this popup like button thing.

I am certainly no js programmer but I don't see anything there that will actually create a popup of any kind.
or, where to put it if it does.

as to making some type of like button for posts then I do believe there are already extensions for that.

robert

Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 am
maybe is you explained what it is you are trying to do we could help you better.

we have to ask you for this almost every time you ask for help with some change you are trying to make to the board.

it helps us help you if you explain what the final outcome is that you are after. not how you think it should be done etc.

it is doubtful that the bit of code you posted is all there is to this popup like button thing.

I am certainly no js programmer but I don't see anything there that will actually create a popup of any kind.
or, where to put it if it does.

as to making some type of like button for posts then I do believe there are already extensions for that.

robert

Like button to post.

Try the code on one page and you'll see a pop up pop up. I have tried the function created for phpbb, it really sucks. Do not know why you've done so, every time you like, "bouncing" from the side.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Affin wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:10 pm
Like button to post.

Try the code on one page and you'll see a pop up pop up. I have tried the function created for phpbb, it really sucks. Do not know why you've done so, every time you like, "bouncing" from the side.
The way I understand it now, is that you want a Like button (like on FB).
If that is the case then a simple search would have give a result: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2246576
If that is not the case then try to make it clear what you want exactly because the topic title: Where is pop up window in the code? doesn't really give a clue.
You should accept Lumpy's message as a hint that he's willing to try and help but that he is (just as I am) unable to point you in the right direction since he (we) don't understand which direction you want to go.
e.g. you want a popup button with a message which can be dismissed? or you want a popup button with an area for the user to write a message which should be stored? in which case: should it be linked to a topic, or a post ?
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 pm

warmweer wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:02 pm
Affin wrote:
Like button to post.

The way I understand it now, is that you want a Like button (like on FB).
If that is the case then a simple search would have give a result: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2246576
If that is not the case then try to make it clear what you want exactly because the topic title: Where is pop up window in the code? doesn't really give a clue.
You should accept Lumpy's message as a hint that he's willing to try and help but that he is (just as I am) unable to point you in the right direction since he (we) don't understand which direction you want to go.
e.g. you want a popup button with a message which can be dismissed? or you want a popup button with an area for the user to write a message which should be stored? in which case: should it be linked to a topic, or a post ?
Do not know what to say here actually, I know I'm writing very fluffy sometimes. But now I actually explain the post before you wrote what I want, like button for posts. Have you missed my post or are you here to just complain? Have you missed my post?

My last post:
Like button to post.

Waiting for answers from you!

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Affin wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 pm
Do not know what to say here actually, I know I'm writing very fluffy sometimes. But now I actually explain the post before you wrote what I want, like button for posts. Have you missed my post or are you here to just complain? Have you missed my post?
It seems I was wrong in my interpretation of what you really wanted, sorry about my misleading post. :roll:
Perhaps if you would be so kind as to explain in simple words what you want/expect and does not exist yet, with an example which could further illustrate your needs; then others might post a helpful answer. :idea:
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:27 am

Affin wrote:
Like button to post.
you'll see a pop up pop up.
every time you like, "bouncing" from the side.
Try reading what you wrote before you submit it - in English almost every word has more than one meaning, and formulating sentences where you cannot distinguish nouns from verbs makes it even more ambiguous. "Like button to post" - is "like" a name or an adjective? "A pop up pop up" is a prime example of not thinking about what you write - wouldn't it be much less ambiguous if you use correct terms and flexed verbs, as in "a popup pops up"? Go on and ask people if they read your posts, but most of the times their questions are not for fun, but because they indeed need to have them answered.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”