Can't build container error

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Justice88c

Can't build container error

Post by Justice88c »

I edited the adm/index.php file to remove the relogin page. Basically I deleted

Code: Select all

// Have they authenticated (again) as an admin for this session?
if (!isset($user->data['session_admin']) || !$user->data['session_admin'])
{
	login_box('', $user->lang['LOGIN_ADMIN_CONFIRM'], $user->lang['LOGIN_ADMIN_SUCCESS'], true, false);
}
Now when I save any settings in the admin panel, the settings get saved, but this error appears:

Code: Select all

phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension. For this reason, all extensions have been temporarily disabled. Please try purging your forum cache. All extensions will automatically be re-enabled once the container error is resolved. If this error continues, please visit phpBB.com for support.

Exception: 
What does this error actually mean? Does phpbb check the files or what is going on? The rest of the forum seems to be working normally. Is there anyway I can get rid of that error?
david63

Re: Can't build container error

Post by david63 »

Justice88c wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:20 pm Is there anyway I can get rid of that error?
The obvious answer would be to restore the code that you deleted.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

there are only a few things that you can ask about that staff will not help you with around here. one of them is how to bypass the built in security of phpbb.

not counting that, as david said, undo what you did since it doesn't work anyway.

I agree that having to login twice to get to the admin panel is sometimes aggravating, but hey, it only takes less than half a second to click the login button again.

you don't even have to type in the username password if your browser is setup to remember what you put in the form. you just click the submit button again.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Justice88c

Post by Justice88c »

Ok well, I guess I'll have to dig deeper into the files. Thanks for the help anyway! You can close the topic.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”