function submit_post( and $data_ary

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
david63
Name: David Wood

Re: function submit_post( and $data_ary

Post by david63 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 am

Just a thought - do you have some form of caching, such as Cloudflare, enabled on your site? There have been reports in the past when the caching is not correctly configured where one user's data gets confused with another user's data.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

axe70

Post by axe70 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 pm

david63 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 am
Just a thought - do you have some form of caching, such as Cloudflare, enabled on your site? There have been reports in the past when the caching is not correctly configured where one user's data gets confused with another user's data.
Hello! Yes it is!
Memcache on siteground for example seem to cause this kind of issue in this site.
I can confirm that it not only a "maybe it is causing" .. it is a real pain in the a** for my experience, that cause for sure problems, almost in some scenario i saw with wordpress sites where memberpress, mailpoet and some other hard plugin live together installed.
I've put a sort of logger and i've see that it even not fire when memcache enabled.
I've been constrained to disable all, except static cache for static files on this site.

i've try out it in any flavor. Siteground MemCache cause problems on this installation.
I've try to exclude forum directory from caching, but seem that the cache plugin not work fine.
I will see why the reason of this if i can. It seem to cause also swap accounts in wp side. All ok when cache disabled and logger re-start to work.

But i'm over something even bad ( i've install the whole site into localhost to reproduce and i saw ...) let me say if i can explain:
i've put a sort of logger to detect that on functions_posting.php where submit_post( function is, values passed are correct, after i've see that in this installation, when a quoted post submitted, the result of this array is wrong, assigning the post the quoted user and not to the poster.
This code non only act as logger but also as a temp fix, to re-switch the uid and fix the issue, until i've not reverse all things to know exactly where the passed array is filled with wrong/swapped poster_id value. Let say here: if memcache enabled on site, it also lead to the fact that the pseudo "logger/fix code" added by me, NOT FIRE. Consideration of this behavior are several and not totally clear to me at moment.
Consider also that phpBB is accessed within wordpress, through iframe. May yes may not, what i worry about are answers from developers/maintainers of these things server side: they have not a clear answer about this. They only say: yeah can happen! So i consider it not secure. God know what cache can cause mixed in these kind of things. And maybe also him in front of things like this start to have some doubt.

So my stupid question was about to know where exactly the $data_ary is filled, when so passed to submit_post( on submit post event to try to find out where the mess come out. It is partially resolved, but i fill like a stupid until i've not understand the mess, you know.

The strange is also that the issue come out only if it is a single quoted message, not if quoted contain several old quotes inside.
To make my life more easy, i had think was useful to know exactly on code where it happen that the $data_ary is filled and then passed.
I will have the time to discover this night my time, just hope into an help before this time.

Thank you all!

[EDITED]

axe70

Post by axe70 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 pm

so, to be short, the answer after two moderators (the first ok, the second is like the other in reply more below)
and many fake answers, i've been finally return home (which is interesting for nobody but me) and i've just put my mouse over the posting link. That say me where submit_post( fire filling array. That's quite simply clear in posting.php (that's also self explained).

I only guess that next time, when i will post, i will get answers, not appreciations. Nor suggestion to submit s**ts into any form.
Thank to all guys as ever, so useful helps i get every time! ... yeah i'm little joking now. Bye bye cool people, time to code.
Last edited by axe70 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am

axe70 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:29 am
HiFiKabin wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am
I can not see a direct 'support' question, so moved to Custom Coding
where skilled and cool guys live :)
Yet you opted to not start your topic there? Sounds illogical.

Also you're not alone - have a read on my signature.

I also only halfway understood your problem, and not even your "solution". Seems like it was a forced cache problem all along, which you unluckily formulated as if it was about your own code to begin with. Filling out the SRT questions would have helped since it also asks since when the problem occurs (which might then remind you to the very same day that you switched on caching).
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

axe70

Post by axe70 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 am

Hi! @AmigoJack ok ok i know :D
... let me answer into last line into this post about this ...

i reversed the thing until the very first query that grab data based on topic id and i saw that, if the case is "quote", it retrieve or switch at some point (i will finalize to reverse today so all will be more clear) the value of poster_id.
The poster_id result assigned to the last quoted in post (the last quoted, if there are more then one quote, or the one of the unique if the quote is single). And this is not a cache issue. Without memcache module enabled on server, all the code execute and my fix work fine. With cache enabled have been reported: swap accounts in wordpress profile side, and i can confirm (almost on an iframe situation where dynamic content load) that something obscure happen behind the scene, and no code execute at all into the iframed phpBB.

The install i'm over, is a board coming from 2002. I updated it months ago to last 3.2.3 at this time, it was mixed/installed with joomla into an old custom coded integration.
I only guess that the problem isn't that while updating something missed, but i do not think. I will check it all as soon.

"... Jerusalem is easy to find, go to where the men speak Italian, then continue until they speak something else."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlDRQEJ4Jzk
leave all the rest to the recycle bin

axe70

Post by axe70 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 am

I've reverse all things and all seem in good order.
The unique problem here is the cache because, the subsequent code flow, as long the cache is disabled, is ok.
Resolved, but not clear what the hell cache code do.
I think it is due to the fact that as it is coded, specifically created to work for wordpress, the siteground cache system lead to problems with certain wordpress plugins (and this is sure), but not only, if the site is linked with some service to something else external. I will try to test nginx cache, whenever will be possible without creating problems again into online community.
Cheers.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”