Hide Language / Timezone from registration page.

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Rand0mer

Hide Language / Timezone from registration page.

Post by Rand0mer » Wed May 22, 2019 3:45 pm

I know (through google searches) this gets asked quite often but I could find a recent one so here we are.

I would like to hide the language and timezone sections of registration form from the most recent version of phpbb. I have figured out how to remove the language section in ucp_register no problem and the form still works. But I cant see an easy way to hide the timezone section as I'd like to leave it as default Europe / London UTC+1

can someone help me hide this section of the form while keeping the default selections? thanks

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Hide Language / Timezone from registration page.

Post by david63 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Why would you want to hide them. If you have multiple languages installed then your expectation is that you will have users who speak those languages - if you don't then do not install the languages and then there is no problem. Timezone is needed for anyone who is not in your timezone - removing it on registration only means that the user then has to go into the UCP and change it.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Rand0mer

Post by Rand0mer » Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 pm

I want to hide the language option because there is only 1 language pack installed and we are an English speaking forum, so it is irelevent. as for the timezome / language, my forum is country specific and the few foreign members we do pick up arent going to be hugely bothered by the displayed timezone, ultimately they are both unnecessary and take up space on the registration page I'd rather be small and simple.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm

OPEN style/*/template/ucp_register.html

FIND AND DELETE:

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE timezone_option.html -->
Purge the cache.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Rand0mer

Post by Rand0mer » Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm
OPEN style/*/template/ucp_register.html

FIND AND DELETE:

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE timezone_option.html -->
Purge the cache.
That seems to have worked no problem! I'm surprised I missed that, I assumed anything inside <!-- --> wast picked up by the browser anyway so i didnt think to try.

thanks for a quick response :D

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”