May i get some help? trying to get Atom Feeds to post to a Slack channel

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
menz01

May i get some help? trying to get Atom Feeds to post to a Slack channel

Post by menz01 »

Hello all,
I have a club and for years we used PHPBB but ever since Slack was introduced our usage of the PHPBB board has declined. I am the secretary for the club and i still use the PHPBB board to post minutes and other important info i dont want lost in Slack due to all the "chatter". what i was hoping to do is make it so if i post something in PHPBB that a message would be posted in a Slack channel like this (doesn't have to be exactly like this, just an example) "{username} just posted a new topic in the {forum name}" and maybe a link to the new topic?

so while searching i came across an archived and locked post viewtopic.php?t=2339831 but i cannot seem to get it to work for me. since that post is locked and old i cannot reply there for help so i thought i would try a new post. I am pretty sure i followed everything correctly but when i post in PHPBB nothing ever happens in slack. I will point out that my board requires logon to see anything. there is nothing viewable to the public (guests) at all. so i am not sure if that plays into my troubles, i'm sure it probably does.

has anyone been able to do this recently and can help me troubleshoot where i am going wrong? or perhaps what i am trying to do is just impossible.

thanks in advance,
Mike

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”