Change Extension Position

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Saboteur

Change Extension Position

Post by Saboteur »

Hi everyone
I am here to ask if someone could navigate me to post where " Changin position on any Extension instaled on phpbb3.3.0 " I can read tutorial or some useful information to succeed in instaling my new forum.

I was searching on this forum a lot but I have not found any tutorial or something that is helpful, maybe I was searching wrong, so please share if someone has something.

My goal is to learn how to change instaled Extension default position on phpbb3.3.0

Thank you!

david63

Re: Change Extension Position

Post by david63 »

What/where do you mean by "default position"?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

No idea what you are asking for.

Maybe show us an example of what you are looking for or rephrasing that, please :)
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Offering private web hosting. Contact me for details.

Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

You need to find out which event is used by the extension and then move that event to a place you want the extension to be displayed. Events are scattered in HTML files of your style. To find which event is used look up event folder inside extensionname/styles/prosilver/template
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

But sometimes you can / should use a different event instead of moving the existing one.
If you move an event to an unsuitable place, it may cause html errors (in source code). Html errors can also occur if you take a wrong / to the Ext. unsuitable event. Happens to me when placing the stylechanger of Kirk in the breadcrumbs. There are two events for placing in breadcrumbs and I had chosen the wrong one first. Which then resulted in a </x> (p or b forgotten) too much.
https://wiki.phpbb.com/Event_List

If an extension should only be displayed in a certain style at another event, the empty folder with the standard event name must be inserted in this style folder in the ext. Otherwise the extension will be displayed twice (unless you change it for prosilver). Then you have 3 instead of only 2 folders ( ext - extxy - styles - yourstyle - template - event)

For example:
eventonlyyourstyle.jpg
*renamed overall_header_navigation_append folder. Respective with exactly the same content.
(Now the stylechanger is displayed in prosilver in the navbar, but in my style in the breadcrumbs.)

If you want to replace the event in prosilver only, or for all your styles, the overall_header_navigation_append folder has to be renamed into overall_header_breadcrumbs_after in the above example (It then remains with the 2 folders).
(Now the stylechanger in all styles is displayed in the breadcrumbs instead of in the navbar as before.)

After moving (in html) or changing (in ext) an event the source code must be checked!
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

however, we still do not know if that is what you are asking about. please come back and explain what you want.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Saboteur

Post by Saboteur »

Hi everyone,
Thank you for reply and sorry for waiting. I was thinking I will get a notification in E-Mail if my post is approved and thats why I have not been here before.

So this is what I want to do, I will explain.

I have added some extensions, like those on picture (print screen) and I just want to replace them.

The Red Marked Windows I want to replace after Yellow Marked Window and Before Green Marked Window. Can you please Explain where are those things writen and in what files I need to change/add code to make it look like I want. Thank you!

Picture: https://prnt.sc/sl6ngy

Also I have one more problem and it is that some extensions are shown on every page. I have AjaxChat, and Welcome Extension. Both are shown on all pages wich is litle bit a problem with viewing and reading some forums. The Chat and Welcome Extension I want to be shown only on index page, not on all forums.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Yes you will become an email, if you mark the Notify me when a reply is posted under the message box.

This is a problem because they are two different extensions. If the same event is used afterwards, it is not possible to determine which of the two is displayed first. But I would have to take a closer look at it.
Which extensions are these? - please insert the downloadlink to the red-marked extensions!

For the display of the two mentioned extensions only on index, you should look in the acp to see if there is a setting option for the ext (selection of the display). Otherwise ask the question in the support for the respective extension.
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Saboteur

Post by Saboteur »

At the moment I can not set links in posts but the names of extensions are: Forum Legend and Top Five. Forum legend shows Read Topic, Unread Topic, Locked Topic
TopFive shows last 5 new posts, 5 new registered members, 5 most ranked people on forum.

EDIT:
I could not post links because I was on my phone, here are the links from extensions:

Links:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/topfiveext top five

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... rum_legend forum legend

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

The icons in the legend extension are only half displayed in my prosilver. Have you made any adjustments? (Okay the half icons were a conflict with my installed viewlegend ext. from ongray and this legend ext.)
To see how it goes with the event change, it does not really matter. :)
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Thu May 21, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saboteur

Post by Saboteur »

Tastenplayer wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:44 pm
The icons in the legend extension are only half displayed in my prosilver. Have you made any adjustments?
To see how it goes with the event change, it does not really matter. :)
I dont understand realy what you are asking me. If you asking me for my prosilver, I changed in ACP to display only 3 Icons. It is usualy more.

Edit:

This is how Extension looks in default: https://prnt.sc/slai2c

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

No problem there was an extension conflict in my forum.

Deactivate the two extensions (legend and topfive).
In the folder ext - rmcgirr83 - topfive - styles - prosilver - template -event
rename the html folder index_body_forumlist_body_after into index_body_stat_blocks_after

In the folder ext - spaceace - forumlegend - styles - prosilver - template -event
rename the html folderindex_body_forumlist_body_after into index_body_stat_blocks_after

Activate the extensions again in acp - purche the cache - Then it looks like this
extchanges prosilver.jpg

Saboteur

Post by Saboteur »

It is working! <3

I am realy happy!

Realy amazing, now I have to fix chat and welcome back extension to not show on each page of forum, I want them to be only on Board Index.

The one who made Ajax chat is still updating it.

The one who made Welcome Back Extension is not active anymore. He did his last update couple years ago and I haven't seen him in a while.

So I must post that here, and if someone is able to explain I would be very thankful.

Anyways I saw your styles for phpbb :D I would like to donate to you if you make one for me :) Send me PM if you are agreeding!

Thank you once again :)

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

As long as an extension is not set to ABD, you can still ask a question in support at the Ext. It is the normal way.
Only when an extension is set to ABD, the developer is either inactive or no longer interested in a further development of his extension.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”