page_header()

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
hee

page_header()

Post by hee »

I found the page_header function in viewtopic.php. I searched through the file and all of the includes, but could not find where the page_header function is defined. Does anyone know? (I tried a windows search through the files, but the windows search is totally useless. It couldn't even find the text in the viewtopic.php and I know it's there.)
Last edited by Mick on Tue May 17, 2022 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Re: page_header()

Post by Crizzo »

Hi,

What do you try to achieve?
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
hee

Post by hee »

Crizzo wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:55 pm Hi,

What do you try to achieve?
I want to allow the insertion of equations into posts. There are some extensions available, but none of them work (for me) in 3.3.7.
I worked with the idea and found what should be a really simple javascript solution. The only thing one needs to do to implement it is insert one line of code into the header of the topic page.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

page_header() is defined here: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/3.3 ... .php#L3743

I find using the GitHub search function is a great trick to quickly find a reference if you don't want to open up an IDE (I think Phpstorm is the best search function out there). And another bonus with GitHub is if you get pages of results, normally you can just pick any result, hover over the function name and click the "Definition" button to find where it originated. :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

battye wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:26 pmusing the GitHub search function is a great trick to quickly find a reference if you don't want to open up an IDE
...while I work like 12 years ago: just using a text editor that has a "find in files" feature, preferably with regex available instead of relying on plain text matches only, like on websites. Just search *.PHP files for function page_header. TextPad and Notepad++ can do that.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
hee

Post by hee »

Thanks all.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”