Any SMF2 to phpbb converters?

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
Sispro

Re: Any SMF2 to phpbb converters?

Post by Sispro » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:08 pm

okay i got it to go now i have a problem is that all my post and topics are there but there are some topics that just show like a link where the image came from and not the image.

what i need is lets say someone goes to a site and they see a bunch of images and just highlight it all and select copy and then so to the forum and paste it

but it don't show the images or nothing like smf you can do that with and that is how most of my site is because when i changed over to smf from my old site i just copy and paste and all the images and stuff showed the same but this now don't

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Sispro wrote:okay i got it to go now i have a problem is that all my post and topics are there but there are some topics that just show like a link where the image came from and not the image.
Can you show me an example post where this is happening?
Have you hugged someone today?

angeljs

Post by angeljs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:37 am

The link to the file is broken, does anyone have this so I can download it, please? :)

pizdarija

Post by pizdarija » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 pm

i'm trying to convert smf rc5 and i get hundreds of these errors about attachments, everything else seems to work as it should...
Clip.gif
Clip.gif (64.27 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
does anybody why does this happen and how do I fix it?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:32 pm

pizdarija wrote:i'm trying to convert smf rc5 and i get hundreds of these errors about attachments, everything else seems to work as it should...
Clip.gif
does anybody why does this happen and how do I fix it?
Is it all attachments or just the thumbs?

Where are your SMF attachments? They should be in the directory as defined in the SMF Administration Panel. That is where the convertor looks for them.

pizdarija

Post by pizdarija » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:12 am

all errors are the same - "Could not copy file ./../../forum// to ./../files/thumb_" but there are no items in the "files" folder (except the htaccess and index).
in smf files are in the default "attachments" directory and are working normally...

pizdarija

Post by pizdarija » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am

ok the error is gone after i changed the attachment path in smf settings from backslashes to forward slashes and it seems to be working now ;)

deadlyruler

Post by deadlyruler » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:17 pm

I really need help figuring this out. MY current domain is http://mysite.com/forums/index.php, and my phpBB3 is installed in http://mysite.com/phpBB3, and I currently installed the converted in my phpBB3 folder, but when I try to go to the convert_smf20RC2.php it just gives me a blank page and doesnt respond at all? Any idea why I can get this page to load.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:17 pm

You don't go to convert_smf20x.php.

phpBB3 needs to be installed an the install directory needs to be in place
You upload the convertor files to the phpBB3 root directory maintaining the directory structure of the zip file
Then you point you browser to http://mysite.com/phpBB3/install/index.php
Click the Convert tab and follow the instructions.

scottd34

Post by scottd34 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:28 am

Just tried this using an SMF 2.0 final forum and it converted fine except for an attachment or two.

tyzm

Post by tyzm » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:02 am

D¡cky wrote:The SMF 2.0 to phpBB3 convertor now converts uploaded avatars and attachments. Permissions are still a problem though.

Works for SMF 2.0RC1 and SMF 2.0RC2. It is not tested on Beta versions, but should work.

[Edit 2010/03/08 18:06 UTC]New file to correct small problem with debug info being outputted[/edit]
[Edit 2010/03/09 03:46 UTC]Corrected conversion of bbcodes[/edit]
Detailed instructions?
Where should I upload that converters?What can I do?I have already have a SMF RC5 running Forum and I have a backup sql.txt file.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:37 am

tyzm wrote:Detailed instructions?
Detailed instructions are in Convert How To
tyzm wrote:Where should I upload that converters?What can I do?I have already have a SMF RC5 running Forum and I have a backup sql.txt file.
With the phpBB install directory in place, you upload the convertor files to the phpBB root maintaining the directory structure of the zip file.

quotaholic

Post by quotaholic » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi All,

My first post. I am currently an unhappy person. I operate a SMF based forum. Would really like to test out a phpbb3 convert on a duplicate smf forum I made to make sure it works okay before going "live".

I installed phpbb3 in a separate directory still within my public_html folder. I did this using the server based installer tool "softlicious". I uploaded the smf 2.0RC2 converter files and put them in their respective locations.
Following the how to: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1213555, this is where I hit a stopping point. In the forum root directory I made the "install" folder buy uploading it from the smf converter package. Since this was a server based install I seem to be lacking the other files the tutorial indicates will be in the "install" folder.

Considering this information can I still proceed with testing a conversion without the index.php that would normally be in "install" folder?

quotaholic

Post by quotaholic » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Update upon last "yet unapproved" post.

I deleted the files that the server based installer deposited and uploaded the contents of a freshly unpacked 3.0.8 package. I did this in /public_html/forum. Now I have index.php within the install folder. I correctly answered all the database and user questions and clicked on the "concert" and again "proceed" buttons. This is what resulted:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/convertors/functions_smf20RC2.php on line 139: include(./../../NewForum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/convertors/functions_smf20RC2.php on line 139: include(./../../NewForum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/convertors/functions_smf20RC2.php on line 139: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../../NewForum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
faultCode0faultStringWarning:Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/webdt/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3706) in /home/webdt/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2641
Return to the index page
General Error
Unknown encoding:
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: webdt@webdt.org