phpBB 2.0.19 to phpBB 3.x question

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
peweT

phpBB 2.0.19 to phpBB 3.x question

Post by peweT » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:51 pm

Hello,

First of all sorry about my english, i'll improve it next summer... :oops:

I've a site with a phpBB 2.0.19 board and i would like to migrate to phpBB 3.
In this phpBB 2.0.19 version i'd installed Simple Subforums MOD, YouTube BBCode MOD, and Calendar Lite MOD.

I'm more or less new in phpBB so I'm a little bit lost :? , could you tell me more or less how i do the migration??

Thanks,
peweT

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: phpBB 2.0.19 to phpBB 3.x question

Post by D¡cky » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:19 am

Basically, you install phpBB3 onto the same server as phpBB2. After the installation, you click the convert tab on the installation screen.

Convertor instructions: Conversion from phpBB 2.0.x to phpBB 3.0.x

To keep your phpBB2 subforums intact, use this convertor, phpBB2.0.x Simple Subforums to phpBB3.0.0 Gold

To keep the YouTube BBCode intact, you need to install the YouTube BBCode on phpBB3 after the installtion of phpBB3 and before you do the conversion. Adding Custom BBCodes in phpBB3

Unfortunately, you will lose the Cal-lite MOD as there is not a version available for phpBB3 yet. You will have to find another calendar to use.
Have you hugged someone today?

peweT

Re: phpBB 2.0.19 to phpBB 3.x question

Post by peweT » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

D¡cky wrote:Basically, you install phpBB3 onto the same server as phpBB2. After the installation, you click the convert tab on the installation screen.

Convertor instructions: Conversion from phpBB 2.0.x to phpBB 3.0.x

To keep your phpBB2 subforums intact, use this convertor, phpBB2.0.x Simple Subforums to phpBB3.0.0 Gold

To keep the YouTube BBCode intact, you need to install the YouTube BBCode on phpBB3 after the installtion of phpBB3 and before you do the conversion. Adding Custom BBCodes in phpBB3

Unfortunately, you will lose the Cal-lite MOD as there is not a version available for phpBB3 yet. You will have to find another calendar to use.
Thank you D¡cky!! ;)
I will read the Convertor instructions first of all.
One question, do you really think that migrating from phpBB2.0.19 to phpBB3.x is a good choice? or do you think es better migrating to 2.0.23 (I think is the last release, i'm not sure)?

In case of migrating to phpBB 3.x witch Calendar-MOD de you recomend me? I would like something powerfull like Calendar PRO(differents colors for events...).

Thank you very much, ;)
peweT

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”