phpBB2CH (ptifo) to phpBB3 convertor

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
Tom V
Name: Tom Vervoort

Re: phpBB2CH (ptifo) to phpBB3 convertor

Post by Tom V » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:59 pm

There was indeed a newer version of phpBB2CH: 2.1.6h. (I checked a backup of my old forum, yet found/have no installer).
My latest installed version of the attachments mod was 1.0.6.

Although your version is 1 behind I don't think that's the problem. My main concern are the big number of attachments.

I suggest a conversion try without attachments.
(I would replace defined('MOD_ATTACHMENT') with defined('MOD_ATTACHMENT2') in both converter files.)
I also see the converter was made for 3.0.7-PL1, therefore I would also try to convert to that version and not to the latest, I assume the converter needs some work for the latest version.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:43 pm

just so you know. I finally got it to work on this board. I am still not sure about the attachments because I don't have all of them available to check. however, it did manage to transfer all the attachments that were in the folder over to the new board's files folder this time.

there are not that many changes to the database from 3.0.7 to 3.0.13 so apparently, that didn't make any difference.

thanks for your help.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 am

As I understand from Lumpy, only about 60.000+ of the 180.000 posts were converted.. Lumpy probably can provide more information about this.

Do you have any idea what is failing Tom V?

Tom V

Post by Tom V » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Because of the large quantity of attachments I would still suggest to try without converting them.

You will probably need to debug it, yet I have no time to do this especially with such a large board.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:56 pm

converting without the attachments is not really an option. there are around 90000 attachments and they are apparently one of the main points of the board.

do you know if there is a way to convert the ch attachments part of the ch MOD over to the normal attachments MOD? phpbb3 is supposed to be able to convert phpbb2 boards with the normal attachments MOD but apparently that does not work with the way the ch attachment thing works.

actually, I think I got all the subforums and all the attatchments to convert over in the database.
however, like he said above, it is missing over half the posts.

I did it three times and it is the same all three times. the phpbb2 board has 170000+ posts and once the conversion is done, there are only 68888 posts in the database.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Tom V

Post by Tom V » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:08 am

just try to convert it without attachments to see if the missing posts is caused by it. if not, we need to look somewhere else.

As I created the mod 5 years ago, I don't know exactly how it worked. So I need to look again in the code what's custom and what's not, a large part of the mod is the same as phpBB2. I know subforums and authentication are custom, all others, no idea without comparing it against the default converter.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:14 am

Tom V wrote:just try to convert it without attachments to see if the missing posts is caused by it. if not, we need to look somewhere else.

As I created the mod 5 years ago, I don't know exactly how it worked. So I need to look again in the code what's custom and what's not, a large part of the mod is the same as phpBB2. I know subforums and authentication are custom, all others, no idea without comparing it against the default converter.
hey, I really appreciate that you are even looking at it after all this time.

I was surprised that you even replied. I noticed that you had not been posting here or at your blog in several years so I thought you were out of it.

thansk,
robert

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”