Help please

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
fiberglassics

Help please

Post by fiberglassics »

Hi, I'm new and need a little help if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I have been running my site for 11 years and it's time for it's facelift. Throughout the years it's had its own forum. The current forum, although it works, is being replaced by phpBB, a great piece of software I might add.

The old forum of mine uses ASP pages accessing a Microshaft® MDB file. (*gasp) Yea I know... anyway. Is there a way I can simply take the USER NAMES & PASSWORDS from my MDB file and put them into my new wonderful forum?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone may provide.

Kelly Wood
President & Webmaster
FiberGlassics®
www.fiberglassics.com
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: Help please

Post by D¡cky »

1. The easiest way probably is to get your user base into a csv file.
    There is a tool for importing users from a csv file into phpBB2, Import Tools. Then you would have to use the phpBB2 to phpBB3 convertor to get them into the phpBB3 database. Running the convertor on just the phpBB2 user's table will result in a loss of your present phpbB3 users, so you may not want to do that.
  2. If you have only a few users, you can use the ACP Add User MOD.
  3. You may be able to adapt the phpBB3 forum merger tool to skip the posts and do just the users.
  4. The last thing you could do is write your own script using the phpBB3 function user_add() in includes/functions_user.php
Have you hugged someone today?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”