from 2.0.23 to 3.0

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
drn

Re: from 2.0.23 to 3.0

Post by drn »

What does this have to do with the topic, and my problems getting the new forum to work?

Actually i got my help, and it is working perfect, so I'm happy :P
EagleWing

Post by EagleWing »

I am about to do this same thing with the SAME versions spoke of in here....

I understand everything I'm suppose to do....but I have just one little question:

Will all the Groups, and the group permissions in the BB3 be exactly the way they are in the phpbb2?

There are some VERY sensitive groups that have extremely private info...and I would hate to find out that the general board public was now reading all that until I went in and redid all the permissions, this would be kinda a disaster.
Just tell me 'chances are good it will all be the same'
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

EagleWing wrote:Will all the Groups, and the group permissions in the BB3 be exactly the way they are in the phpbb2?
Yes.

One thing you can do in phpBB3 is disable the board and still have the ability to look around and check everything before you open it so you can double check the forums permissions before you tell everyone it's open.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
EagleWing

Post by EagleWing »

THNX Kevin

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”