updating converted forum..

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
jerryT

updating converted forum..

Post by jerryT »

Locally I've updated from phpbb2 to phpbb3.

I've got the style and forum structure sorted as I would like. All my subforums and forum titles and descriptions are sorted and look well.

Now the local phpbb3 forum is using data from a slightly older phpbb2 forum.

Is there anyway to import the data from the live phpbb2 forum to the test local phpbb3 forum, without having to reset the style, titles, descriptions and permissions that I now have configured ??

Thanks
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: updating converted forum..

Post by D¡cky »

The 2.0.x to 3.0.x convertor will not change anything with the style on the 3.0.x board. It will, however, use the permissions from the 2.0.x board overwriting the 3.0.x permissions. I don't know what you mean by titles and descriptions, but I imagine those will be overwritten also. I don't know of any way to avoid this.
Have you hugged someone today?
jerryT

Post by jerryT »

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping to create the forum, descriptions and permissions and the just reimport the lastest live data.

I take it that's not possible..
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

You could convert the phpBB2 board to a new phpBB3 board and then do a merge of the new phpBB3 board and the board you have setup which will save the forums and descriptions from both boards, but then you will probably end up moving a lot of stuff around. It is probably just as easy to convert the phpBB2 board and set it up the way you want.
Have you hugged someone today?
jerryT

Post by jerryT »

OK thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”