upgrade phpbb2 to phpbb3 conversion problem

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
ciwluke

upgrade phpbb2 to phpbb3 conversion problem

Post by ciwluke »

hi
i hope somebody can possibly help me.
i have started to upgrade and convert my phpbb2 to phpbb3, but i get this message:
"Please make sure that these folders exist and are writable by the webserver then try again:
»images/avatars/gallery/
images/ranks/
images/smilies/."
now i have gone into my server files and made them writable but still it says the same thing, can anybody help me please.

regards
luke
espicom

Re: upgrade phpbb2 to phpbb3 conversion problem

Post by espicom »

"made them writable" to what user(s)? They must be writable by the process running the web server, which is generally NOT the same user you use to upload the files. On a Linux/Unix server, you would set the permissions to "777" for these folders, at least for the duration of the install.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

You need to set the permissions for the phpBB3 folders.

If you are on a Windows server, you have to set the permissions in the host's File Manager or ask your host to set the permissions.
Have you hugged someone today?
Dave-Eclipse

Post by Dave-Eclipse »

I can't find the upgrade wizard? I looked on this page, what am I not clicking on? :oops:

http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentat ... pgrade.php
I can imagine an industrial system that runs and repairs itself without oil. Yet because of the Export Land Model, I wonder if we've left it too little, too late to avoid a Greater Depression? I hope I'm wrong.

Welcome to the End of the Oil Age!

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”