[TOOL] Import Users

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
Giles314

Re: [TOOL] Import Users

Post by Giles314 »

By using a text editor!!!
nickyha

Post by nickyha »

Hi.
Just install the mod through AutoMod. Painless. Works perfectly. Brilliant piece of kit.
0ne question through. Is it possible to increase the strenght of the auto generated passwords. Like 8 caracters, upper / lower case, numbers, signs.
This to minimize the hazzle of asking our members to login and change the autogen passwword. A bit stronger and they could keep it as is.
steelnwool

Post by steelnwool »

Hi,

I imported a number of topics using this script, but ran into an issue loading images.. Here is a description of my error:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2168154

Any ideas?
Daffy-7

[TOOL] Import Users: Profile standard field 'Location' missi

Post by Daffy-7 »

User Import Tool: Profile standard field 'Location' missing!

I have (finally) got the TOOL working and understand it but the User Import 'form' does not show all the basic user's UCP profile fields in the Board's display ie 'Website' and 'Location'.

Is there a way to add 'Location' in the import field such that it shows in the standard UCP Profile field for Location?

Is there a way to assign any 'non-standard' field values to a place holder like {FIRST_NAME} etc?

I have created custom profile fields but they are added, not overwritten, in the UCP display.

Bill
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Daffy-7 wrote:I have (finally) got the TOOL working and understand it but the User Import 'form' does not show all the basic user's UCP profile fields in the Board's display ie 'Website' and 'Location'.
The location is there; it is the "user_from" field. You are correct about the website field not being available. Try adding the following to includes/acp/acp_import_users.php:

Code: Select all

'user_website'		=> 'String',
After:

'user_from'			=> 'String',
Daffy-7 wrote:I have created custom profile fields but they are added, not overwritten, in the UCP display.
What do you mean they are added but not overwritten?
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
Daffy-7

Post by Daffy-7 »

prototech wrote: Daffy-7 wrote:I have created custom profile fields but they are added, not overwritten, in the UCP display.

What do you mean they are added but not overwritten?
A little clarification from me - sorry.
UCP>Profile>Edit profile:

Displays the following 'Standard' fields (on my board setup)....
Interests:
Birthday:
[I have removed from the profile display other 'standard' fields not needed in my Board]

Then below them ... my added custom profile fields;
Phone number:
Mobile number:
Address:
Firstname:

An earlier suggestion in this Topic said to just add a custom profile field for 'Location' (or any other) but this would only duplicate the content on the database, as displayed here.

That was what I meant about them being "...added but not overwritten".

Thank you for the solution to add custom profile fields, and to put the Location in the correct place, and to include the 'website' field properly - works fine now.

The system did not like me trying to add another profile field for 'firstname' (or whatever). Apparently the database needs adjusting for this some other way? I would like to know how!
Bill
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Thanks for the clarification. :)
Daffy-7 wrote:The system did not like me trying to add another profile field for 'firstname' (or whatever). Apparently the database needs adjusting for this some other way? I would like to know how!
What does the error say when you try to add it?
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
Daffy-7

Post by Daffy-7 »

prototech wrote:What does the error say when you try to add it?
Re-reading my reply I realise I may have given the wrong impression; I tried to include (add) a new field for 'user_firstname' in the file includes/acp/acp_import_users.php as I did to include the 'user_website' field name as suggested!

The error message generated was as included here.

I am not suprised by this error because the database would not be expecting an additional field (my mistake) but I would like to know how to 'extend' the number of fields in the database to accommodate this.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'user_firstname' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (username, username_clean, user_password, user_pass_convert, user_email, user_email_hash, group_id, user_type, user_permissions, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_actkey, user_ip, user_regdate, user_passchg, user_options, user_new, user_inactive_reason, user_inactive_time, user_lastmark, user_lastvisit, user_lastpost_time, user_lastpage, user_posts, user_dst, user_colour, user_occ, user_interests, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_avatar_width, user_avatar_height, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_message_rules, user_full_folder, user_emailtime, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_notify_type, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_allow_viewemail, user_allow_massemail, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_sig_bbcode_bitfield, user_form_salt, user_from, user_birthday, user_firstname) 
VALUES (content removed)

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 754
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 182
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_user.php
LINE: 250
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php
LINE: 389
CALL: user_add()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php
LINE: 227
CALL: acp_import_users->import()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_import_users->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Last edited by prototech on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: [code] tags
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

You don't need to add a new field to the users table to do this. In order to support the user_website field, it was only a matter of adding that single line because the field is already implemented in phpBB, so we were only supplying the field value to something that already existed. If you were to add a field manually, you would also need to modify several files so that the users would actually be able to edit the information.

phpBB already has the ability to add custom profile fields, which this tool supports. Go to the ACP => Users and Groups => Custom profile fields. Type in firstname in the form provided in that page and select Single text field and submit. Adjust the settings as necessary in the next two pages. Once the profile field is created, it will show up under the Custom Values section of the Import users page.
Daffy-7

Post by Daffy-7 »

prototech wrote:Type in firstname in the form provided in that page and select Single text field and submit. Adjust the settings as necessary in the next two pages. Once the profile field is created, it will show up under the Custom Values section of the Import users page.
Thank you 'prototech'. I did include the custom profile field for 'firstname', as you described.
All is fine with that but I would like to use the content of that field in messages from the Board, such as is done with {USERNAME} but don't know where to find the place holder for the 'firstname' data or how to assign that to a place holder!
Bill (in OZ)
Markus.T

Post by Markus.T »

It would be nice, if there also be a possibility to import the user's language from the csv-file...

Maybe this anybody has a hint how to integrate that manually?

Thanks,
Markus
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Take a look at this post: viewtopic.php?p=13229713#p13229713
Instead of user_website, use user_lang. Make sure that the data that you provide corresponds to a valid language pack.
colin.awbery

Post by colin.awbery »

Hi

I'm a newbie at this so please forgive me if I sound think.

I have copied the files then I tried the DIY instructions which I believe I did correctly but now every time I try to go into the Module Management>Administration Control Panel, this comes up;

General Error
Module not accessible

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 439
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()