[TOOL] Import Users

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
Giles314

Re: [TOOL] Import Users

Post by Giles314 »

Have you checked that you have copied the user CSV file at the right place?
You should copy paste the exact error message in the post so we can be sure of what you got.
simonishe

Post by simonishe »

My file named book.csv is placed at folder called "store", so it's default.
What this file contains:

dfghlidfuhglisduhfglisduhfglis,[email protected]
nastenka_boiko,[email protected]
kryukovaea,[email protected]
svetlana111184,[email protected]
vad_izgagin,[email protected]

Settings i set before import:
Error message i get:
laura9669

Post by laura9669 »

I installed the import users module and enabled it.
In install.xlm it says

System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
Select “Import Users” from the Add Module drop-down menu and click “Add module”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.

I did all that successfully but the next one does not give me Import Users under Users and Groups.

Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Import Users and confirm install!]]></diy-instructions>

Am I missing something?

Laura
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

Simonishe, it seems something is going wrong in your user checking procedure. To get more details on that error you should add in file
<phpBBroot>/includes/acp/acp/import_users.php
at line 450:

Code: Select all

if ($conflict) die($conflict);
Note that you should find at previous lines:

Code: Select all

$conflict = validate_data($data, array(
			'new_username'			=> array(
				array('username')),
	)
);
Then retry the import operation and you should get a white page with the error printed at the top.
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

laura9669 wrote:I did all that successfully but the next one does not give me Import Users under Users and Groups.
Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Import Users and confirm install!]]></diy-instructions>

Am I missing something?
Laura, your problem looks like the one in this post. Hopefully you may solve your problem with its answer.

Philippe
laura9669

Post by laura9669 »

Giles314 wrote:
laura9669 wrote:I did all that successfully but the next one does not give me Import Users under Users and Groups.

Am I missing something?
Laura, your problem looks like the one in this post. Hopefully you may solve your problem with its answer.

Philippe
Hi Philippe!

Everything imported fine except the password field. Is there any reason why? I really have to bring the passwords over because we are using single signon with our member software that we use for trainee enrollment in our course. Thank you for your help!

Laura
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

Laura,

Importing passwords implies they are encrypted in a way compatible with phpBB (MD5 encrypted). If they are not compatible they don't work: there is no chance that the user can enter a password that is accepted, they have to follow the password recovery procedure.

Note that implementing SSO should not be done by copying users from one tool to another, but by connecting all the tools to a single authentication database (such as LDAP or Active directory). This may be more complex to setup but much more reliable.

Philippe
laura9669

Post by laura9669 »

Thank you Philippe! I'm hoping that the people in Russia that take care of our membership software can solve this. Maybe when we have single sign-on we don't need the password repeated in the forum software. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Laura
simonishe

Post by simonishe »

Well, i dont have folder /includes/acp/acp. But i found folder /root/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php and at line 375 i found code you wrote about. And a added if ($conflict) die($conflict); after it, but still no changes.
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

Sorry for the inappropriate repeat of acp/
But for the line number I have verified that this should be around line 450. The difference probably means that you have not used the last version (1.2.4). I am not sure that the last version will fix the problem but it will help to talk about the same thing. Note that I have fixed a significant number of weak error processing since the first version.
n3rk4n

Post by n3rk4n »

Hello everyone :)

I used this import user tool and tried to import users from ipboard and this transfer went wrong somewhere..

All my users are numbers except siteadmin, here is a picture:
users.png
users.png (120.02 KiB) Viewed 13874 times
And when i try to log in with a test user it's saying that password is wrong, why?

Sorry for my bad englis, and thank you for your help.
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

My best guess is that your imported user file has a first line that is different from the other lines. You may have tested the column numbers for the first line (the only one that is verified by the import tool in test mode) but as the next lines are different, the tool gets the username from a wrong column that instead contains a user ID.
n3rk4n

Post by n3rk4n »

How to do that, i'm new to this so i need little more help please..
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

I believe the simplest way to track your error is to move the first line of your file to the end and to test with the second line being now the first one.
n3rk4n

Post by n3rk4n »

I'm sorry for so many questions, but how to do that?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”