[TOOL] Import Users

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
Mira1

Re: [TOOL] Import Users

Post by Mira1 »

Hey guys, same problem here. I followed the guidelines:
  • I downloaded the zip file that is in the first page of this topic
  • I unzipped it in my PC, it looks like Image 1.
    Image1-My_PC.JPG
    Image1-My_PC.JPG (11.14 KiB) Viewed 12679 times
  • I uploaded all the files and their folders in the root of my forum, see Image 2. As you can see I was so desperate I even uploaded the whole csv_user_import folder there just to be sure ...
    Image2_ForumRoot.jpg
    Image2_ForumRoot.jpg (31.6 KiB) Viewed 12679 times
  • I open the ACP but the Import Users item is not in the list, see Image 3.
    Image3_ACP.jpg
    Image3_ACP.jpg (143.81 KiB) Viewed 12679 times
The forum version is 3.0.12. Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Anonymous_et_EE

Post by Anonymous_et_EE »

Mira1, upload ONLY root folder content.

I have too one problem import user dosent show up in administrator control panel,all is done like it sayed.
Mira1

Post by Mira1 »

Anonymous_et_EE wrote:Mira1, upload ONLY root folder content.
It helped, thank you!
Anonymous_et_EE

Post by Anonymous_et_EE »

Anonymous_et_EE wrote:...

I have too one problem import user dosent show up in administrator control panel,all is done like it sayed.

I am so fcking stupid... ;-)

If you enable in there ACP -> Users and Groups you dont see this.

But you need to enable ACP -> users Groups -> Users and all is done.

I hope i dont post anymore stupid questions xd
usju

Post by usju »

Many thanks to the author of this tool and everyone in this thread who posted useful information :P
I was able to create 5000+ users without much issues.

One problem that I found was that the first user in the csv was always reported as "already exists" so I created a dummy user for the first line of the csv.
I also has some users with a blank space as last character of their username, those would clash with the same username without the space at the end so I had to rename them before import.
There was also one user with a username like this "John > The Master" where the ">" seemed to be a problem.
Olka_u

Post by Olka_u »

Apperently this MOD does not work with phpBB 3.1? Or am I wrong?
david63

Post by david63 »

Olka_u wrote:Apperently this MOD does not work with phpBB 3.1? Or am I wrong?
You are not wrong - no 3.0 mod will work with 3.1
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
stefandebeer

Post by stefandebeer »

Guess that is why I am getting:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php on line 188: include(./../includes/functions_profile_fields.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php on line 188: include(./../includes/functions_profile_fields.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php on line 188: include(): Failed opening './../includes/functions_profile_fields.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Will there be a version for phpBB 3.1.3?
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

stefandebeer wrote:Will there be a version for phpBB 3.1.3?
In short: Not by me.

In detail: I had updated and maintained the previous version because I needed the function.
But now I have imported my user database. I no longer need this. I am working on several other open Source projects not related to phpBB so I have no time to invest in learning the new 3.1 plug-in interface. Sorry.

Anyone can take over the code and continue to maintain it. That's how Open Source works. Don't hesitate to contribute.

Philippe
AesirHod

Post by AesirHod »

Will this tool produce any output regarding invalid usernames? Am I safe in assuming passwords valid for phpBB 3.0.x will also be valid for 3.1.x? I'll want to rename any invalid ones so that posts from all users can be imported as well.
wilsonlogan

Post by wilsonlogan »

Does anyone know how to escape apostrophes in user names so that the Import tool will accept them?

e.g. "Test O'Tester"

Thanks,

Wilson.
wilsonlogan

Post by wilsonlogan »

Ignore me. This does not work in the V1.0.0 version but does work in the V1.2.4 version.

Cheers,

Wilson.
FliP0x

Post by FliP0x »

I cannot get this installed.
I extracted the content of csv_user_import_V1.2.4.zip to the root of my phpbb 3.0.14 (public_html/forum/), but I don't see where I need to install/enable it.

Under System -> MODULE MANAGEMENT -> Administration Control Panel -> Users and Groups -> Users, there is no "Import Users" option.

I know I probably did something wrong, but the author (no offense, I am thankful for the plugin) did not do a very good job in explaining how to get this to work.

So lets start from scratch: Could someone explain where exactly the files need to be and where exactly I need to navigate in my Admin Control Panel?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

did you open and read the installation instructions found in the MOD folder?

csv_user_import/install.xml

just double click to open that file in your browser.

all you do with this is copy all the files/folders that are in the MOD's folder named "root" into the root of your board.

then, in the admin panel follow the instructions to enable the module.

once you have added the module, go back to the module page and scroll down until you see it listed then click on the "enable" link.

then, you will see the module listed under the users and groups tab.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
FliP0x

Post by FliP0x »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:did you open and read the installation instructions found in the MOD folder?

csv_user_import/install.xml

just double click to open that file in your browser.

all you do with this is copy all the files/folders that are in the MOD's folder named "root" into the root of your board.

then, in the admin panel follow the instructions to enable the module.

once you have added the module, go back to the module page and scroll down until you see it listed then click on the "enable" link.

then, you will see the module listed under the users and groups tab.

robert
I did what you said and copied the content of the root folder to my forum root. It still does not work.
I checked the install.xml multiple times and it does not contain anything that would tell me how to properly install this mod.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”